What Would You Do With $1000?

It's a toss up.
  1. Tank-less HW heater so I can begin the reorganization of my shop space
  2. 42" HD Plasma (to watch Norm, Tommy, and assorted woodworking videos)
  3. A shopping spree for new tools for a friend of mine that recently lost his job and is working 14 hour days in his garage shop making pine shelving to be sold by a few local merchants to keep his family housed and fed.
On second thought, no contest. Gotta go with number 3.

Timely question. I have my Terrco duplicator for sale and am hoping to get $1,000.00 for it. Right now, I'm torn between a decent table saw and a small fishing boat. I have never owned a boat and, considering where I live, that borders on a crime.
Why do you ask? Are you planning on sending a $1,000.00 for the best answer? :rofl:

I'll just put it towards my CC balance. I've been a very, very bad boy this year.

Eeeek!!! :eek::doh:

Doug, run down to your bank and get yourself a short term loan. Bank rates are far, far, better than that usury charged by the Credit Card companies.

...art

ps: I freely admit it. I have a mental block. I can't understand why anyone would willingly carry a balance on a credit card.

Well, if I did not have a BUNCH of other things to spend it on, for the Dungeon, I'd buy a new BIGGER BETTER compressor, and if I had anything left over :rolleyes: I'd get a new SCMS......... :wave:

Eeeek!!! :eek::doh:

Doug, run down to your bank and get yourself a short term loan. Bank rates are far, far, better than that usury charged by the Credit Card companies.

Well actually I just gave the short answer as I never carry a balance and pay CC interest. I should have said "replenish my savings account drained by paying off my CC tool purchases". A LN plane, an LV intro price plane here, another there, a couple of Brese infills, a little something from BCTW, .....
Next thing ya know you're sharin the dogs foodbowl:D

after 2 days of busting my back cleaning out the shop/garage, just to see if I can make room for a better table saw with outfeed, (gotta be mobile though), I was very happy to see, I got the room, Gotta take the money back from the wife, I think a 600 dollar tablesaw and 350 dollar fence should fit right in there once I put the portable ryobi out to pasture.

that middle picture is my first homemade outfeed roller, used to attach it to a some metal legs, pvc pipe over an oak pole. out in the trash today.

Attachments

• wood stuff 137 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 137 (Medium).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 14
  • wood stuff 138 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 138 (Medium).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 16
  • wood stuff 139 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 139 (Medium).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 15
Assuming I could get away with not using it to pay down the home equity loan we have at the moment, it would either

1) Go into a savings account towards a MM (or similar) combo jointer/planer to replace the lunch box and 8" jointer I currently have

or

2) start with an HVLP system for finishing and some misc hand tools I could use assuming there is anything left after the HVLP.

I would buy one of Vaughn's beautiful turnings. Since you already have that, my little Delta DC could sure get replaced by a cyclone during my next windfall.

1) It would put my close to a Grizzly 10" Jointer

2) A very nice spraye system, undiced which way to go(compressor vs. Turbine).

3) Log splitter, save from haveing to only get small chunks for shop heat or borrowing the FIL splitter is in rough shape.

These are my main things that kind of money would help with.

let me tink

id would probally be a edge sander combo that would replece the two smaller units i have now. and give me better of both worlds. or i could just plant it out back and hope it grows:rofl: more than likey i would put toward the existing debt.

Pay for a pre paid gas card and use that until it ran out.
We are currently cutting out most of our wants and sticking with NEEDS these days. It is interesting how much extra money gets spent without thinking about it.

2 x 4's, siding, windows and a door for an enclosure under my carport as a place for the lathe to live, with a dividing wall to house the motorcycle. Wiring, lights and other creature comforts will eat up some. If there is anything left over, there is undoubtedly some woodturning gizmo I can't live without.

Now, Vaughn, how to we win this $1000 of yours? :p

KAPEX.jpg

thanks,

Bill

I guess I'd buy half of the bigger lathe I've been drooling over. :D (Do they cut it down the middle on the long or short axis???) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wow, gone in nothing flat. :eek: