What Would You Do With $1000?

Equipment? Eh, probably not: it's hard enough to move around out there as it is.

But $1K might cover a class with David Marks...maybe not, what with travel/lodging/etc, but at least put a good-sized dent in the total.

Anything left over would have to go toward upgrading the lighting in the garage. Although, come to think of it, the word "upgrading" implies I have something worthy of the name "lighting" already...maybe I should say "installing".

KAPEX.jpg

thanks,

Bill
Dude, you're still a couple hundred bucks light. :eek::eek::eek:

Hey Vaughn
Where on Earth did you get the idea for this thread?:D
Truth be told, I've built up about a grand in my credit card processing account, from the credit cards payments I've accepted at a few recent shows. Typically, that fund goes back into shop stuff, so I'm just trying to get ideas on how to spend it. Like several others have mentioned, I'm not really hurting for any more big tools, but there are still a few things that would be nice to add to the arsenal. ;) Of course, it'd be nice to add something that has the potential to pay for itself with the products it can produce.

Truth be told, I've built up about a grand in my credit card processing account, from the credit cards payments I've accepted at a few recent shows. Typically, that fund goes back into shop stuff, so I'm just trying to get ideas on how to spend it. Like several others have mentioned, I'm not really hurting for any more big tools, but there are still a few things that would be nice to add to the arsenal. ;) Of course, it'd be nice to add something that has the potential to pay for itself with the products it can produce.

look into a "good" pencil grinder (dotco or cleco) some burrs and sanding attachments........it`s an easy way to start power-carving and that would augment both your spinny and flat stuff?

Dude, you're still a couple hundred bucks light. :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, I know. But I ain't gonna get the thousand bucks either, so what the heck! ;)

Still, it would mean I wouldn't have to reconfigure my whole shop every time I wanted to switch from ripping to crosscutting. That gets pretty old... and my dewalt is good enough for construction framing and trim carpentry, but not for anything more complex. Dang it! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Chuck,

I am totaly with you on this one.:rofl: I dont know how I would get the new stuff in the shop without her knowing and eventually find out. She keeps a really good eye on me - kind of knows what I have ... not that I have ever been sneaky before.:D

A good band saw would be nice, probably the G0555. Possibly the EZ guide system or Festool. A good cordless set of Makita tools with the same battery pack my 18V takes. A nice lathe would be great. Obviously I couldnt get everything listed here, but these are the things I am considering. I would need to prioritize, but I need the $1k first.

Last edited: