new turning tools

Joe Mioux

here are some things I took possession of this weekend.

and a forward and back picture of my side of my garage. Anna, aka loml, told me I my next acquistion is new shop space. and she means it!

joe

here are some things I took possession of this weekend.

and a forward and back picture of my side of my garage. Anna, aka loml, told me I my next acquistion is new shop space. and she means it!

joe

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 32
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 27
  • a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 30
  • a4.JPG
    a4.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 33
  • a5.JPG
    a5.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 32
  • a6.JPG
    a6.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 31
  • a7.JPG
    a7.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 38
WoW Joe! You are set now! :thumb:

What are the 2 things in the tubes on top of the turning tools? Also what is the thing that is in the white cardboard box? I can't tell from the pictures.

WoW Joe! You are set now! :thumb:

What are the 2 things in the tubes on top of the turning tools? Also what is the thing that is in the white cardboard box? I can't tell from the pictures.

Inside the tubes are gouges. one is a 3/8 in detail gouge and the other is a 5/8 bowl gouge.

The thing in the box is a Oneway Varigrind jig for grinding gouges.

joe

Attachments

• a8.JPG
    a8.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 12
Don't know what you mean by "took possession of". But, I do hope you paid for those things. ;)
Looks like a near complete set of everything you will need for doing a whole lot of turning. Happy shavings to you.:thumb:
P.S. You will never have "everything". :rofl:

Congratsm JOe. That's quite a setup...looks like you've been doing your homework. :thumb:
Inside the tubes are gouges. one is a 3/8 in detail gouge and the other is a 5/8 bowl gouge...
And those aren't your garden-variety gouges that Grandpa used to use...those are Thompson gouges. :D You will likely end up with more of them. I know I did..