Kreg Bandsaw Table and Fence ?

Dan Mosley

After my last post on suggestions for a bandsaw fence i saw the ones made by Kreg on the Rockler.com site ($149.00).

It would seem that if i bought the table and fence that i could put them on either the Central machine 14" or the Davis-Wells (table measures 25 3/4 square). The table is 24x24 x 1 1/8, 25 1/4 adjustable fence.
There are bolt holes on the Central machines edge but nothing on the Davis-Wells.
Both would handle the 10 1/2" from center of blade to throat of the saw requirement........
It looks like i could place the table and fence as one unit from one saw to the other as needed.
Comes with circle cutting attachment for cutting blanks............

Question: I do not currently own one but i was wondering if i could move the table and fence unit Rockler is selling as one unit from saw to saw ?

Question: The Resaw attachment fence is sold seperatly in 4 1/2" or 7"....not sure i need it but could someone elaborate on the uses of this ? and which size is best (only $2.00 in price......$18.00 and $20.00)

Question: Regarding the Central Machine 14" - Rocker website is selling Cool Blocks and Ceramic Blocks but it does not say if they will work on the Central Machine........anybody bought them or know ?

Dan,

Question #2: The resaw attachment is not a necessity. You could clamp a tall board to the fence and ultimately do the same thing their attachment does. This just provides a taller reference to perpendicular so the wood being re-sawed will be cut evenly, top to bottom.

Not sure about the answers to #1 or #3.

I bought the table from Rockler and am pleased. You can move it between tables, but it would be optimized for one or the other. Because I have a smaller Craftsman bandsaw I mounted mine with the underside hold downs. It has two ways of attaching. As stated above or using a (supplied) bar that fits in your miter gage slot and then screws into the table from below.

As my saw is smaller, it barely met the 10 1/2" requirement from center of blade to throat of the saw. I loosened the blade and installed the table.