Bed makers connections

Larry, our copy of Wood Magazine arrived today, and it has an article - about 3 pages with pictures - of three different types of bed rail fasteners. All look pretty good and easy to install. Might want to pick up a copy at your nearest news stand!!

nancy,,october issue?

if so i will have to go get it, also another bed question, this bed will have a section that goes out at 90 degrees tot eh head board for approx.10" any suggestions on how to make that jucntion solide..dont need it gettin loose on me after while.. the aprons are attached to that and go back tot he foot board.

building beds

what is your prefernce for attaching the aprons to the head and foot boards? and being sturdy enough to with stand the riggers that a bed goes threw in its life span.?

I just finished building a pencil post bed out of curley maple and the only way to keep the bed from racking is to mortise and tennon it together and use bed bolts.if you look at the bed bolts I use in my beds they are better than traditional bed bolts and are easier to install go to leevally hardware and punch in bed bolts.