New member from UK

Mike Crawshaw

Hello All,

I'm Mike Crawshaw, a computer programmer by profession but woodworker by inclination. I live in Cherhill, Wilts, England.

I started turning seriously last year and am now on the slippery slope of addiction!

I have recently upgraded my Record DML36 to a Record CL4-48 with Variable speedcontrol so I can tackle larger pieces.

I look forward to a fruitfull association with this amazing forum.

Regards,

Mike

Welcome Mike! I'm also a Brit, software engineer, and turner. A difference is that I emmigrated to Canada nine years ago.

How's the white horse?

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'll post pics when I get the process sorted.

First big piece was 18" green oak platter, its now split across the middle, no surprise there, I'll wait till it stabilises and fill the gaps with resin and metal filler.

Regards,

Mike

Welcome aboard, Mike. :wave: We can always fit another turner, but I don't know about having another programmer around. There went the neighborhood. :rolleyes: :p (I'm not a programmer, but a writer/editor for a software company. I make a living translating from programmer to English.) :D

That CL4 looks like a nice lathe. Looking forward to seeing pics of it and the things you make on it.