Tod's Shop Pics - New Thread

thanks don! that homemade radial arm saw has a 48" stroke, and that`s an 8" dado head mounted on it:eek: ......tod

WOW tod...NICE! I know it's ALL about the talent...

Oh ya...so now I'm supposed to show MY little basement shop?:eek:

Well...what the heck...I think I just might take a few shots this weekend.

p.s. What I like best...the dust...

Last edited:
Very nice Tod. Love your tools and shop set-up.

But you didn't show us the heart of the shop; the central piece of your shop that the heart of your woodworking experience..........................

Where is your EZ System?

:D

I was typing with my tongue in my cheek, Glenn. :D :D :D

I am NOT a Burt fan. :D :D :D

Mark,

A large number of us knew what you were referring to. I even controlled my urge to say something about bashing. But I figured the joke was...well innocent enough.

And since no one else said anything....nevermind :rolleyes:

- Marty -

That one belt\disc sander looks homemade, is it?

What an amazing shop you have!

I can only dream of space like that! :eek:

Thanks for the tour!:)

Mark,

A large number of us knew what you were referring to. I even controlled my urge to say something about bashing. But I figured the joke was...well innocent enough.

And since no one else said anything....nevermind :rolleyes:

- Marty -

Thanks for seeing/taking it for how it was meant Marty (and others). Innocent tease on the old, VERY glad to be here with the new. ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:
That one belt\disc sander looks homemade, is it?

What an amazing shop you have!

I can only dream of space like that! :eek:

Thanks for the tour!:)

I agree Stu, an amazing shop for sure.

One of the things I think I like best about it is that it isn't sparkling clean. That shop looks WELL USED, (albeit swept) as it should be! ;)

- Marty -

Tod, How did the shop get that clean? You definitely hired a maid, not fair! Looks great and I wish you lived closer so we could swap techniques (one way of course, to me from you) and I could learn more about the type of quality I have seen you produce.

One of these days I'm gonna get by over that way and stop to see what you are up to. I actually may be coming by there tomorrow but probably won't have the extra time to stop by. Maybe another time. Looks like a great space to work in for sure and the equipment is really great.

Tod,
Super looking shop. I really like your homemade radial arm saw. I suspect the boys at MM like your shop also.

Brian

Tod, I am taking a brief break from drooling over the pics of your shop to type this. It sure looks like you have a great shop with great machinery to match.

It would help me a lot to visualize things and to put evertything into context if you could post a floor plan. Do you have one that you can show us?

Now back to look at the pictures again ...

Tod nice place.....I Have seen it before but I am sure envious of the amount of area you have and one particular machine you have ;)

Hey Paul, when did you get here? Nice to see ya.

Tod, that is your RAS? WOW....I thought I saw a RAS head but it just looked stored away way back there. Boy, that's a nice big cut.

Man that's a nice shop.

Ladies and gentlemen - I present to you mr tod evans - the man of few words and many talents!!

tod - great shop. I especially love the fact that there is dust - yeah - all hail dusty workshops. I think we should have a rule that shop tours cannot be shown unless there is evidence of work being done in them!!!

now some questions - if the man won't volunteer explanations then they will just have to be interrogated out of him.

I envy your apparent space - what is your floor area??
First batch of pics
sixth picture - green machine. I am taking a guess that this is a profile grinder??

last pic. Looks like a vacuum system for a vacuum bag in the foreground (using my recently heightened vacuum detection senses). Do you use that just for that bag or do you plumb vacuum around the shop like you might plumb compressed air? Do you have multiple vacuum generators around the shop?

second batch -
first pic - is that an SCM pin router behind the clamp rack? Overhead router with pin under table?? Do you use it much??

second pic - table saw with power feed?? I am considering the same sort of set up but want to make sure that I have enough power in both the saw and the feeder. What HP is the saw??

sixth pic - Its a shaper (we would call it a spindle moulder) I can see but I am confused by the sliding table being on the wrong edge. Is that a storage position or am I missing something?

last picture - has that scroll saw been put there to frighten it because it was naughty?? or is it a "eat your greens and you'll grow up big and strong like him" kinda thing??:)