Woodworkers Prayer

Roger Myers

Folks - I think this is pretty neutral when it comes to religion, but if others feel different and want it removed, I won't be offended...

My daughter wrote this for me a few years ago, and I shared it at that time with others who appreciated it... It hangs in my workshop with pride :) and, I am very proud of her. She is now halfway though her junior year in college (majoring in Theater and Creative Writing) and my favorite customer!
As we come to the Holiday season, I thought I would share it again...

Feel free to copy if you wish, but if you pass it on, please be sure to credit her as she is a writer :)

Sorry Roger, in retrospect this portion of your post has to be removed, it is in direct violation of the CoC.

If anyone would like to see the very nice prayer that Roger's daughter wrote for him, I'm sure Roger would share it with you via a PM, or you could PM me, as I have a saved copy, as I found it touching.

Stuart Ablett
Moderation Team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger, that is beautifully written. Tell her Thanks for me.

I also Thank you for sharing it with us, I'll be making a copy of it to hang in either my shop or my office...and of course her name will be on it.

EXCELLENT !!!

That is beautiful. :thumb: Thanks Roger for sharing...

Katie....you captured the "spirit" of a craftsman in this lovely poem. It will hang in my shop and be a wonderful addition...

Steve - Katie will be glad to hear that!
John - Yes, I really think she "gets" her old man and those of us that call the shop our second home!
Allen - Yes, I consider myself exceptionally lucky - we have a wonderful relationship and I think the world of her!
Thanks for you kind comments all, I'll be sure Katie sees them!

.... Super... well put, thanks :)

Folks - I think this is pretty neutral when it comes to religion, but if others feel different and want it removed, I won't be offended...

My daughter wrote this for me a few years ago, and I shared it at that time with others who appreciated it... It hangs in my workshop with pride :) and, I am very proud of her. She is now halfway though her junior year in college (majoring in Theater and Creative Writing) and my favorite customer!
As we come to the Holiday season, I thought I would share it again...

Feel free to copy if you wish, but if you pass it on, please be sure to credit her as she is a writer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger
That is really beautiful. It's amazing how words can convey to total strangers what a wonderful relationship you have with your daughter.
Dan