Thoughts and Prayers for a Family Member

Stuart Ablett

In our fairly short time here as a group, I've been very fortunate to make some good friends, and to have a very good time, the vast majority of the time :thumb:

Recently I got a PM from Tony Baideme in Hawaii. Tony had some bad news........

Tony Baideme said:
I was diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer. It has been found to have spread outside the prostate and into some lymph nodes. This seems to have developed over just several months, after it was discovered that my prostate was hard on one side and PSA tests were elevated.

Tony goes in for his operation on the 6th of October.

Tony and I have been PMing back and forth, and I've convinced him to share this hard news with all of you, for a couple reasons, first, if it gets even one of you off your tush to get checked for this form of cancer it will have been worth it (I get check yearly and have been doing so since I was 40) the second reason is that I truly believe the saying "With friends, joy is multiplied and sorrow divided."

I'd like to ask for your thoughts and prayers for Tony and his Family.

Tony you know you have mine and Emiko's thoughts and prayers, we will be all waiting for you when you get through this and can get back to us.

Positive attitude and know we are all pulling for you.

Stu & Emiko

I'm with you here. My prayers are for you Tony...

One note, A lot of Hype has been spread for women and their p;light with Breast Cancer but little is known of Prostrate Cancer and you will find more men with PC than women with BC but the women have pushed for the hype. we as men need to join in and address this issue with as much vigor as the women.

Tony, I feel for you and hope you pull through this set back :thumb:
We all know that this can happen to us but we ignore the warning. Perhaps this string will make those of us who are too modist to discuss this problem with their doctors (or those who refuse to go to Dr.s ) wake up and smell the coffee.

Tonight when I do my vespers, I will mention you in my prayers and pray all is well on your recovery.

God Bless and keep you. (even if you are fortunate to live in Paradise) :thumb:

Prayers going up, Tony. Be well. David also had PC two years ago - had the radioactive seed implants and is now cancer-free (thank the good Lord). Your Stage 2 is a little further along, but there is always treatment - fortunately, PC is a very slow-growing type of cancer and imminently treatable. You will be in my prayers.

Tony,

Our best thoughts are with you. Doorlink and I have both gotten through our bouts with similar things, so far... ;) ... and I have some older family members who have gotten though exactly what you're going through, so take heart! ;)

As for the rest of you, get off your you know what's and get tested! We ain't gettin any younger! :doh:

Thanks,

Bill

Tony, my prayers are with you also. My Dad had PC surgery about 9 or 10 years or so ago. I don't know what stage it was. He was in his late 60's early 70's (He'll be 79 in December). It was a rough road for a few months, but he came back from it and went on. In fact, his quadruple bypass about 3 years ago was tougher on him.
I was checked this summer and vow to get rechecked each year. Also guys, and gals, don't forget the colon. It's another nasty one. I did my colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. The procedure was painless and quick, although the cleansing process was rough for me. Seems I have a little too much acid in my stomach.:eek:
Get well Tony. We're all here pulling for you. Jim.

hang in there tony and i can speak from expeience that you can beat it my dad had it and they removed the whole thing and hes doing well, been over 8 yrs now.. so there is hope and we know you have the will power to make it home free.. thoughts are with you.

My thoughts are with you Tony. I have several dear friends who are survivors. We've come a long way. As to the "wake up" call. I started getting very committed to check-ups once I left 50 behind. Everyone should.

from a wonderful family.

Thanks folks, so very much. Your support is really very heart warming just knowing so many people are pulling for me. It's a good feeling.

Thanks Stu, for letting them all know. (I sure hope all is going well with you, too.)

Well, it's about 7:30 pm Hawaii time. I need to be getting some rest, which I am sure will be in fits and spurts. (I'll sleep more after, while recovering.) Only 12 hours and I will be getting prepared to go to the hospital.

For you guys who are reluctant to get tested, don't be that way. Not that I was, but this stuff kind of creeps up on you without much of any symptoms. Both Prostate and Colon cancer are nothing to let slide, unless you have a death wish. For those of you who have related past experiences, thanks for all the encouragement.

About a year & 1/2 ago I nearly lost a close friend, 42 yrs old, to Colon cancer. When he finally went to have some problems checked, they found he had stage 4 colon cancer. He had his entire large intesting removed, and went through over a year of recovery. That woke me up, yeah, it did. I had been checked for that and had a couple polyps removed just shortly before I found out about him. This was way before finding my own prostate problem developing. Needless to say, I started asking lots of questions and havinf more tests done. As the time went by, my PSA numbers were rising until my urologist said we need to do a biopsy. That turned out positive and after a bunch of scans, you know the rest.

I will be away from my computer for a while, but when I feel up to sitting in front of it, I will report back.

I have enjoyed what little I have been able to contribute, but really have soaked up all the great information and ideas that come from all of you. I look forward to keeping that up for a long time.

Thanks so much. God Bless you all.

Aloha, Tony

P.S. I hope I wasn't too graphic for anyone.

just dream of those hula girls tony while gettin whittled on that wil make your stay more enjoyable:D take care and lookun froward to hearun back from you soon..:thumb: