Wooden Pot Rack

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Well,

In an effort to increase the Signal to Noise ratio, here's a pic of a project I just finished yesterday.

It's a wooden kitchen pot rack. It was in a recent issue of woodsmith magazine ( Woodsmith PotRack/ ).

I had been getting very tired of bending over and searching for pans in our cabinets.

Pretty simple project, just a basic maple frame with an inset panel of cherry lattice and some stainless hardware.

I swapped out a different shelf bracket, due to where I had to place the rack.

Fortunately, the maple cabinets in our house are pretty much that, just plain maple, so it was quite easy to match the color. Just a little wipe on poly.

So to sum it up, It's a quick, easy project that provides a lot of functionality.

potrack.jpg

Now thats neat! I'm WAS looking for a stainless pot rack, Now I have to build that one. Nice project and well done :thumb:

Thanks for sharing that one

Tom

I love those things. They really keep all your cookwear handy. When I saw that issue I took another long hard look at the kitchen. My current kitchen layout won't take one due to cabinet door opening positions but I sure miss having one. that's a neat project and very well done.

Larry, I figure if I can't see the top of it, it doesn't need dusting :D

We clean up the house about twice a year when company comes. Since I do most of the cooking, I do the kitchen cleanup, the floors, and the carpet. My wife will handle everything else... It's a good teamwork setup.

Oh, the pots, There are some Cuisinarts (small) and All Clads up there. After trying various anodized aluminum and non sticks over the years, I got tired of the way they looked after a while. Stainless steel? Well, a little bar keepers friend and you've got a thing of beauty that works well.

The real workhorses in the kitchen though are my lodge cast iron pan and dutch oven. :thumb:

The real workhorses in the kitchen though are my lodge cast iron pan and dutch oven. :thumb:

We have had the porcelain lined cast iron and anodized aluminum, but now the wife inherited her mom's cast iron pans and that is what we use the most now. Funny how we move back to the old materials (safer).

Dust is exactly the reason LOML won't let me put one of those up.

If you are cooking everyday, would there be that much dust? I suspect you would only hang those pans you use all the time; the rest would reside somewhere else. The only thing that would get dusty may be the rack itself. Maybe Glenn will let us know after a while if dust does become a problem. I know I would like to know, because I am thinking of doing something like this in the future.

I don't think the pots will get that dusty. Like you said, the ones hanging up are used pretty frequently.

I do suspect that the top of the shelf and the lattice work maybe a bit dusty from time to time...