Firefox Not displaying attachments?

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Just wondering if anybody else is having a problem with firefox not displaying attachments?

There are some threads I can view where all the images and attachments show up just fine.

Sometimes on other threads, All the avatars and logos show up fine, but the attachments will not show up. I get a 'click for larger image' message. When I click on that, the larger image will pop up just fine.

For example, Stephans post on his excellent wall unit will show a batch of thumbnails just fine ( http://www.familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11116 )

But when I look at my post on the pot rack in firefox, all I get is the 'click' message. ( http://www.familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11157 )

In IE everything seems to work just fine. And this seems to be a recent thing.

Just wondering. Not a huge issue, just perplexing...

Last edited:
I've had the experience as well. At first I only saw it on Stu's posts but then realized his were just the most recent pics posted. It happens on my own posts when I use Firefox and then return to view things.

We use several browsers at work as some products are designed for IE6 and have issues with 7 and so on. Some products will not use certs with Firefox, many don't care. I avoid the issue by using the recommended browser for a given product.

My understanding is that Firefox 'shouldn't' be an issue with vBulletin; but off and on, it is. The preview of the thumbnails breaks and I often have (had) to re-login to see the pics. I just use IE on vBulletin products and have never had the problem again. I still avoid Chrome (although it is looking promising) and Safari but imagine Webkit based products will improve at being universally 'usable' as time marches on.

Last edited:
I use Firefox all the time and haven't seen any issue, as long as I'm still logged in. I have a desktop in the home office connected directly to my router. My shop desktop is wireless to the router, as is my laptop. Apparently, the wireless security routinely disconnects a login after a period of inactivity. My office computer automatically logs in when I come to the site. I'm setup for automatic updates -- current version is 3.0.3.

I use FF, and never saw that...until I went and looked at the thread you said...Then I noticed I wasn't logged in. Log in, and the thumbnail shows up fine. Check to see if running an adware program didn't kill your cookies. I ran mine last night, and bet something there killed my log in cookie. Jim.

I'm running 3.0.3. All set for automatic updates and all.

Even if I make sure I'm logged in I still see it sometimes.

It's the darndest thing. Must be a firefox bug, or some arcane registry setting.

Are you using a straight internet connection or going through a proxy? Or any internet monitoring software for that matter? Sometimes these cause issue with images and caching.

Straight Connection, No proxy.

Funny thing is, the affected threads are displaying correctly today... :huh:

the affected threads are displaying correctly today... :huh:

I'm sorry to say; thank goodness this is happening to someone else. everyone thought I was goofy so I just stopped talking about it and use IE. It really does happen though and not always the same posts (even in the same session).

I'm sorry to say; thank goodness this is happening to someone else. everyone thought I was goofy so I just stopped talking about it and use IE. It really does happen though and not always the same posts (even in the same session).

Yup. You got that right. Today, it seems to be working fine.

One of those things about modern technology... :dunno: