Backyard Shed

Geoff Barry

I haven't been around much recently (though I do read the posts from time to time), but I was busy this summer: building a shed. Part of a master plan to clean up my covered patio where I do my woodworking. Now, true, maybe I should have built it bigger and then I'd have a shop, but someone has to balance out the Marty's of the world . . .

X marks the spot:

DSC05418 (Medium).JPG

The beginning:

DSC05422 (Medium).JPG

Framing the floor (PT 2x6s with 3/4 T&G flooring):

DSC05434 (Medium).JPG

A wall and a beer:

DSC05442 (Medium).JPG

More framing:

DSC05447 (Medium).JPG

DSC05449 (Medium).JPG

DSC05453 (Medium).JPG

SHeathing with preprimed hardboard:

DSC05454 (Medium).JPG

A boy and his dog:

DSC05497 (Medium).JPG

And, of course, a door:

DSC05531 (Medium).JPG

Shed is 8x10, and is 79 inches from floor to top plate (I am 78.5"). I don't know if you can see it, but there is a 2x3 window in the back.

And, to finish up, here are my helpers:

DSC05536 (Medium).JPG

and here is the final appearane with the corner boards:

DSC05591 (Medium).JPG

I built it solo, except for painting the corner boards, where I was aided by the munchkins. Kind of bittersweet, though, as I found out on the day I got the cornerboards up that I'd be heading down Tod's road, so I may never actually use it. C'est la vie. I suppose I can always build another one.

Nice Job Geoff! I'm sure that shed will come in handy!

Good looking helpers (And the dog is pretty cool too).

That reminds me... I need to build me some outbuildings soon...

Nice looking shed, Geoff. Not an easy solo project.

BTW, lot of us have been down that road, so just know you're not alone. ;)

Would you consider traveling to the Buffalo area? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry Ned, couldn't resist.

Geoff - nice looking shed, and I apologize for poking Ned on your thread. :D
Geoff,
excellent job. I hear you on the 'now I know what to do' bit... my wife asked if I was going to do this again when we move in a few years. I said if I still have tools then, sure... to which she replied, nope, we're going to have it built so you can just enjoy time out there.

Rennie Why would he want to go three hours west of me?
:poke: :poke:

and you can't use the 'its only two inches on the map' line either. Norrich isn't that far from Lakeport.