Two new additions to the household...

Ned Bulken

Adopted a set of 'teenage' kittens today... gorgeous nearly all black (little spot of white on each of them) boys came home today... shelter kitties who were fostered with a friend of mine (as it turns out, didn't realize this until I got to her house today).

Marco and Luca
attachment.php
photo from the adoption flyer.

They're still skittish tonight, but they're good sized and very loving and so far, good with our youngest son, who of course wants loads of face time with them. Had to send him to bed with our younger dog, whose nose is out of joint a bit.

It has been just about 5 or so months since our last cat passed on, so it was 'time' and they needed a good home. They were so shy, they probably wouldn't have been adopted otherwise. Oh, plus they're up to date on all their shots and have been neutered already!

Attachments

• kittens11.jpg
    kittens11.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Congrats on the new additions, Ned. I'm sure they'll acclimate quickly...they'll know they're with "cat people".

Double your pleasure. Double your fun. It's two - two - two 'stead of one:thumb:
I've got 2 adoptees but you're getting a better deal. They tend to get along with each other much better when they're littermates. They'll be ruling the roost in no time. Congratulations.

Congratulations on your two new kitties in your family, Ned. They are beauties--look just like my beloved Samantha who has gone to kitty heaven. I envy you. I'd take two or three or four more if LOML would stand for it. We have two, and he just won't agree to more.

I had an awful scare on Friday--LOML inadvertently left the back door ajar on Thursday night and my male got out (probably chasing other cats out of the yard). After some searching, I found him firmly ensconced himself under our storage shed and would NOT come out (he'd sneak out for food and dive back under). We finally managed to coax him out with some chicken, then I sneaked up behind him and grabbed him and took him back in the house, and breathed a huge sign of relief. He's been a part of our family for 11 years and I just could NOT imagine life without him snuggling up next to me in bed. Our other cat has been hissing and growling at him for a couple of days, because he smells funny now; but on Thursday night and Friday she was yowling around the house because she missed him! Isn't it amazing how attached we get to our four-legged furry beasties? And they to each other?

Glad to see you found your kitty, Nancy.

Ned, I'd have been sorely tempted to rename Luca. I think Polo would have been a much more fun name. I can imagine you standing on the front porch calling your cats, at the same time your neighbors are thinking you've gone bonkers, because it's too cold outside to be playing in the swimming pool.