Router Table Attached

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Had some quality time in the shop tonight. I'm building a photo tent using some scrap (more on this later), but while waiting for glue to dry I decided to mount my router table to the TS cabinet. The table used to have a couple of legs on hinges where I could remove it for easy storage. The new support allows me to leave it attached and gives some additional table space.

Here's the end result...

Attachments

• IMG00257.jpg
    IMG00257.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG00258.jpg
    IMG00258.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG00263.jpg
    IMG00263.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG00045b.jpg
    IMG00045b.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG00050a.jpg
    IMG00050a.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 75
Thanks Vaughn. I've got the PC 690. The plate and mounted router base are both from Rockler. Will need to find a switch to mount under the top to make it easier to turn on and off.

Cool...I still have a PC690 base mounted on a Rockler plate that fits my old router table extension. If I ever have the room, I'll add it back onto the table saw as a second router table.

I picked up my router table switch at Rockler. I think most of the places have them for about the same price.

That will be pretty easy to box in for DC as well. I have had an RT attached pretty much since day one. There have been variations on the table and cabinet but the left side of the blade has always been a good fit in my layouts. Same feed direction and clearance requirement, no reaching over the table, clears the right side for the over-arm and all that. Your table on the right gives you more real estate out there and looks like it is a good fit for your layout. You'll like that.

Thanks Glenn, it works well. I would have rather had it on the left side, but the rails don't reach over that far for me to use the TS fence with the extension I built.