Bottlestoppers and first ornament

Brian Kight

These two bottle stoppers have been turned for a while without the business end put on. Since the wifey put one on here that had no bottom I figured I'd have to do damage control. The first is Bloodwood and the other is walnut and maple.
Bloodwood small.jpg Walmap small.jpg
This is my first ornament. Top and bottom are cedar and the middle is a cypress branch. It looks short and wide in the pic but it is about 4" long and 1.25" wide. I still need to get some eyescrews for it and others on the way.
ornament.jpg

All three look good to me, Brian. I'd say the bloodwood stopper is my favorite of the bunch, but I like them all. Is the ornament hollow or solid?

Good looking pieces, Brian. I really like that ornament. Cedar and Cypress just go together I think.

BTW, I have a friend who turns bottle stoppers. He can't keep them in stock at $20 each.

Thanks yall. The ornament is hollowed out. I have to give Darrell Feltmate at around the woods the credit for the how to. I didn't use his idea with the 2" blank for the top and bottom as I have plenty of branches that do the job. I have sold my stoppers for $40 and $45 ( according to wood type) to people that I don't know and 20 or so to people I do know. Actually the wife sells them because I have a bad habit of giving them away. I can vouch for her liking to grab other peoples money!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice stoppers and ornament. For ornaments like that I get the gold fishhooks and cut the eye off and use that for hanging. Leave around a quarter inch of shank to glue in the top. It is easier to find fishhooks than small eyes.
Dale