The usual suspects....

Greg Cook

Starting out in woodworking, it's fun to make some of the simple, yet needed, fixtures for your saws. Here's some I have made from free scrap material.

I traced my hand saw handle and cut it on my scroll saw.

Some pushers...

The tool cradle on my blade guard keeps them handy

I made this "Big Gulp" from scrap. I have to connect a hose from the guard to a hole in the side of the box or add a front half cover for it.

Not the most efficient, but works fairly well.

Greg

Last edited:
Greg,

Handy, functional, and good looking set of jigs. Those are OH SO IMPORTANT to have readily at hand. I like your idea of storing them on your blade guard. I just hope they're secure up there. Something falling off/down and into the path of the blade could be...well, not pretty. :eek:

- Marty -

Thanks, Marty

The holder is quite aways from the blade, and the pushers fit in pretty well, but they're still within reach. This pic shows a better view.

Greg

Last edited:
Greg,
What type of blade guard is on your table saw? I need to make one for my combo with decent dust control. It will probably have to hang from overhead.

Brian

Brian,

It's a Delta I got on a super sale at Amazon. $236 then, $330 some now. I really like the split "bucket" for thinner stock, and the dust is not that bad, but no DC capability as it is. My saw is mobile, so this one seemed like a good addition, and investment in safety. I have the DC connection on the "cabinet" and plan on an addition to the back to make it better.