Making Christmas gifts?

Steve Ash

Since Stu reminds us of how many days till Christmas.....I was wondering who is making gifts (wood) to give to family?

I've been so busy lately I doubt I get to the shop to make anything, although my wifes oak sewing cabinet is almost done, which might be the only thing I do.....who out there will be, and what will you be making?

my husband is making these for Christmas gifts
the top and bottom are cedar
the middle is Cyprus and it is hollow

Dawn

Attachments

• s6301408a.jpg
    s6301408a.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 44
Getting into the box swap has got me excited in box making. So I think there will be a few family members will be getting boxes :rolleyes: With the economic situation I know that I will be making many gifts instead of purchacing them. Did a few custom frames around digital picture viewers last year which were big hits so hopefully these will be appriciated also.

Tom

I don't think I'll be making anything, I'm laid up right now, and the shipping dates for surface shipping are coming up real soon.

I guess I'll be doing some online shopping for my family in Canada :dunno:

Good luck everyone with your projects, and you know we would all like to see them! :wave:

I don't think I'll be making anything, I'm laid up right now, and the shipping dates for surface shipping are coming up real soon.
:huh: :huh: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :rofl: :rofl:

You? King of the Christmas Reminders?

I THOUGHT YOU Were done already and were just trying to shame the rest of us into doing things!!!!

Whew! I don't feel so bad anymore.

I've made a few pens, and a couple of cutting boards.

I'm with Tom, I'll probably gear up and make a few boxes as well and try to get those out.

Oh, and I recently got a new boss, so time to put together a nice pen and send it out for, um, Brownie Points? (Had to edit my first 5 adjectives for this)...

My bowls aren't up to snuff yet, but stoppers, pens, salt boxes, hurricane lamps, and if something bombs..."Look honey! It's an ashtray!!"

:huh: :huh: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :rofl: :rofl:

You? King of the Christmas Reminders?

I THOUGHT YOU Were done already and were just trying to shame the rest of us into doing things!!!!

Whew! I don't feel so bad anymore.

I've made a few pens, and a couple of cutting boards.

I'm with Tom, I'll probably gear up and make a few boxes as well and try to get those out.

Oh, and I recently got a new boss, so time to put together a nice pen and send it out for, um, Brownie Points? (Had to edit my first 5 adjectives for this)...

I told you before, I'm not just reminding you guys :D

My problem is I make stuff, that is "Stock" for Christmas, but the next thing you know, there is a birthday, an anniversary etc and my lovely wife gives my stock away :doh: :dunno:

I also did not expect to be laid up for six weeks :rolleyes:

Every year, one of my New Years Resolutions is to 'get started early' so that I can have a stockpile.

Never seems to work out that way :rolleyes:

I feel for you. 6 Weeks! Wow, that's a long time to be holed up.

Maybe you could take up Origami and make some folded paper ornaments? :eek:

I’ve been away in my shop, but I have 4 cedar chest's just about ready and one Jewelry Box all finished.
It looks like the gifts for the girls are ready for Christmas, but I have a couple of Tool Box’s for two boys it may be late for Christmas.

Last edited:
My problem is I make stuff, that is "Stock" for Christmas, but the next thing you know, there is a birthday, an anniversary etc and my lovely wife gives my stock away :doh: :dunno:

I don't have a helper to give stock away prematurely but it still happens. Someone will see something setting there or in the background of a picture and they just seem to wander off. I plan to retaliate by having a marathon table top candle holder build off.

I plan on turning some christmas trees about 6-12" tall and 3-5" wide. I picked up some kind of lumber from some pallets recently...very hard and interesting grain patterns....hope to have enough to also make a rolling pin like Jon and Frank made recently for my FIL's wife who is a big baker.

Also an important gift to LOML is to clean out the garage/shop enough so her car can get in before the first snow...didn't make good on that one last year.:eek:

Also an important gift to LOML is to clean out the garage/shop enough so her car can get in before the first snow...didn't make good on that one last year.:eek:

Tisk, tisk, tisk...If momma ain't happy...ain't nobody happy. I got mine cleaned up last night, so I'm just ahead of you Jeff.

Personally I haven't even thought about xmas, nor have I had time to, but November is a much less demanding month for me...so keep the ideas coming. :)