Incra LS Super

Jerry Palmer

I'd been thinking of getting one of these for a while, but the price was just real hard to justify. Well, a fella on another forum had bought one, started assembling it, then changed his mind and decided to go with something else. So he had it listed in the swap and sell and I got it for significantly less than retail.

Incra01.jpg

Since I don't have space for a stand alone router table, I use a router table extension on the table saw. Originally set it up using bolts through the shop built wood table area, but that was a PITA to set up and take down. With it mounted to the board shown, and with the table beneath marked for proper location, it takes only a couple minutes to set up or take down.

My first shot at half blind DTs with it came out pretty good.

Incra04.jpg

I got one for my router table. Found it on a good sale a few years back. Not as good of a price as other found last Spring on Amazon, but good none the less. I have dabbled a little with some dovetails in some BB ply scraps, Need some solid wood to keep the splinters down. I also got the 8 piece kit from Infinity for the router bits. They have 20% off right now...I think that's still going on. Several kits comparably priced that are available for this jig.
Your first ones look pretty good to me!! Jim.

Congrats, Jerry. :thumb: I won the predecessor to the LS jig a few years ago in a drawing (the same jig used in the TSIII setup), and I splurged and bought the $200 rails to use is as my table saw fence. Now that I've used it, I'd even be willing to pay full retail for one. Pricey, yes, but a very useful addition to the shop.

I got the same rig several years at a woodworking show for a price I was willing to pay. I love the thing! I set it up so I can also use it on my tablesaw and it's just as great. I don't see how its accuracy can be surpassed! :thumb:

I ordered the MLCS set of bits for it today.

One thing I came up with after fiddling with centering the template to the boards was that it might be a good idea to do that first with a V shaped bit in the router. Tried it out with another box project and it worked well, and didn't even have to make a test cut. Just marked the center of one of the pieces, lowered the bit so it acted like a pointer and set it on the line. Set the fence against the work piece and slid the recommended template center mark under the curser. Then switched out to the DT bit and set the height using the final set test from the box shown. One test cut and it was right on the money.