Ridgid Hybrid with granite top

This thing is no longer showing up on H.D.'s web page. :huh:

Yet, a few days ago, a phone call to Ridgid Customer Service told me that they are available, and that my local Orange Borg should be able to order one for me.:dunno:

HHhhmmmmmmmmmmmm.

-Kevin in Indy

A Mfr's Talcum Powder Recommendation

For those that want to know. Talc will repel moisture. Cornstarch absorbs it.
Like I said previously, I got this from another source and I have found it to be very helpful.
Just another example of how we can help each other by passing along good info and tips.

Howard, just to CONFIRM your statement above I have posted the following as others may find the information useful also.:dunno:

I bought a new PM 66 in JUNE, 1991, and I will quote from It's Maint Instr & parts list manual, (document # EDP 0460147):

["The table must be kept clean and free of rust for best results. Although some users prefer a wax coating, white talcum powder applied with a blackboard eraser rubbed in vigorously once a week will fill casting pores and form a moisture barrier. This method provided a table top that is slick and allows rust rings to be easily wiped from the surface. Important also is the fact that talcum powder will not stain wood or mar finishes as wax pickup does"].

Any talc work? One better than another? What do you do if you have was already on the table. Will lacquer thinner take it off and clean the "pores" good enough?

Royall, "Some" of the Johnson's Baby Powder is made with Talc, (just read the lable to be sure it has "Talc" in it and NOT Cornstarch.

For cleaning Rust & stains on all of my Cast Iron, I spray WD-40 generously on the surface and let it soak in for a few minutes and then lay a Green or Maroon 3M pad on it and I have dedicated an OLD straight line/orbital sander that I press down on top of the pad and work the whole surface with. When the WD 40 gets very black or rusty, I wipe it all clean and flush it with more WD 40 AND use a clean 3 M pad and continue the process as many times as it takes till it appears clean, then one final flushing with the WD 40 and wipe dry, then usually let it set over night (to be sure the WD 40 is completely dry) then wipe again with a clean cloth before using the Talcum powder OR sometimes I test paste waxes on SOME surfaces.

I have used both Johnson's paste wax (which doesn't seem to get as hard or work as well as it used to) and have had better recent results from Renaissance wax, (more expensive but takes VERY Little when rubbed in by hand as it is applied with an old T shirt pad).

Note; The Baby Powder smells better than the waxes.:D

Last edited: