on the cruise

That's our boat all right. And, you would go and get a picture when we were sunbathing nude. :eek:
I just did a Google image search for "cruise ship" and grabbed a pic of the nicest-looking ship I could find. Heck of a coincidence I should happen to pick the one you were sunbathing nude on. :D

Glad to see you two had a great trip. You went through a lot to get there, and it sounds like it was worth the effort. :thumb: Ain't it fun living like a king for a little while?

And you call those guys great waiters?? Didn't you realise that they left their table napkins in your head:rofl:

Now seriously, I'm glad that you enjoyed the trip, if I had to judge from your explanation and pics you were spoiling yourselves. Now coming back to earth must have been tough:(

Frank

Glad you and the Misses enjoyed your cruise. It looks as if the service and equipment was top notch. How much specialty wood did you tuck away in port?

Garry

Gary, I guess now some negatives in my report. I found the so-called 'fun days at sea' boring. Playing karaoke, bean bag toss, bingo or getting stupid drunk is not my idea of 'fun'. About one third of the 1500 passengers were children. I don't know why they weren't in school and, I believe, not one of them were ever taught even the simplest of manners. I like kids but those on board were a collective bunch of brats whose parents did not care about their behavior. And, I had a pretty sour attitude because a line, or tank, for holding sewage broke somewhere and the entire ship smelled like a country outhouse in the summer. They had a serious leak that stunk up the whole ship. It was so bad that even on an open deck the stink was in the air. Nothing luxurious about that. Oops, can't add photos in an edit. See next post.
As far as wood, didn't have an opportunity to get any.
At Progresso, there were many-many individuals selling crafts. I was struck by the low prices. A popular small turned box sold for $6.00 asking price and all prices could be dickered down almost 50%. This box was made from something resembling citrus wood, had beehive-like rings and, most amazing, a strip of intricate Mayan type carvings all around it. For something that sells for $3.00 to $6.00, I can only guess that the maker got, maybe, $1.00 for his efforts.
Edit: I added a photo of the Progresso market. As I said, this is a very colorful place. This guy is selling hand woven hammocks. It looked like business was good, I saw a number of tourists carrying them around.

Last edited:
A bit of irony about the last cruise we were on. They x-ray your luggage when you get on the ship but for $20 they would hand you a loaded shotgun. Never did see anyone hit one of the clay birds..

We were at the same market. Heard a lot of "for you my friend, almost free"

A bit of irony about the last cruise we were on. They x-ray your luggage when you get on the ship but for $20 they would hand you a loaded shotgun. Never did see anyone hit one of the clay birds..

We were at the same market. Heard a lot of "for you my friend, almost free"

If they had handed me a loaded shotgun, that stinky leak would have been fixed immediately.