Got a new toyl

Nancy Laird

Well, I'm back from our flying trip to Denver and brought back a new toyl for the shop.

IMG_1482.jpg

Sitting in the back of the truck - box covered with a tarp in case it rained.

IMG_1484.jpg

The tarp is off - it was crated very well.

IMG_1485.jpg

Here's the label on the crate.

IMG_1486.jpg

And the top of the crate is off!

Yep, that's a Steel City 15-30" wide-belt sander. We lucked into getting one this weekend (no, I'll never tell). This is a pre-production model and was going to get stripped for parts and scrapped, but we got to it first! Scott Box has the parts to update it to production standards, so it won't be up and running for a few days.

LOML got the base and belt shroud (and all the other extraneous parts) off the truck tonight and into the shop. He will get a mobile base fixed for it, then we'll get the head off the pallet and into the shop in a couple of days.

More pictures will follow when it's all assembled.

Are we happy????:D:D:D You betcha!!

Man oh man, that's gonna be a nice addition to the shop. Congrats Nancy (and Dave, who is apparently doing all the hard work). :p

Nice score you guys!

That is one machine, that if I could find a good deal on, here in Japan, I'd love to have, I'd just need to figure out a way to make room for it :huh:

Hope you had a good trip as well :wave:

nice tool there gal:)

at first i thoughtthey had labeled wrong but nope its wide belt design... must be it is a cantlivered setup to get the 30" good luck on that... setup to keep both sides the same is gonna be fun...the center tends to be either thicker or thinnner the outside edges

Wow is right . . .

I thought you were more of a "spinny" couple. :doh: Jim

I'm the spinny one in the family - David doesn't turn much - I think he's done two small things but it doesn't attract him like flatwork does. Thank goodness, as I'd have no furniture and no cabinets in my house if he didn't do flatwork. We're a multi-talented family. We also do laser work!!

Nice score you guys!

That is one machine, that if I could find a good deal on, here in Japan, I'd love to have, I'd just need to figure out a way to make room for it :huh:

Hope you had a good trip as well :wave:

Maybe you could hide it on the roof among all that Wood you've got curing up there.:rofl::rofl::rofl: