Fire up the Snowplows...

It snowed for the first time this year last night. Kind of begs the question, is this a repeat of last year where we got 197½ inches of snow? (The Maine record). I remember it snowed on Halloween once, but never this early. (10-22-08).:eek:

Kind of puts to rest the whole Global Warming Theory doesn't it?!:D

I would suggest the deserts that were once seas show a strong history of global warming. But in present history, the largest resurgence of global warming comes from the mouths of politicians and the friction created by the money being placed in their pockets.

Not saying anyone has crossed the line, but let's keep this thread on topic....EARLY and PLENTIFUL snowfall...on not go down the global warming path...OK moderator hat off.

The news mentioned a winter storm warning for central NE for today...quite a ways aways still but much to soon.

Travis, have you got your sheep shelter ready?

Weather in boise has been mostly mild - expecting near 70 and sunny this weekend - however, we did get our earliest ever recorded measurable snow fall on Oct. 12 this year.

I hate to pick nits but it's generally not referred to as "global warming" anymore. "Climate Change" is the generally preferred term due to variable effect it has across the globe. For example, some areas will be (and likely probably already are) experiencing either increased (or decreased) precipitation, increased sea level rise, etc. etc.

Global warming connotates a result that many may not see to any significant degree for quite some time.

What's snow look like? Is it that cold looking white stuff on TV? The only snow we get here comes from Cuba.:rofl::rofl: What were the mammoths and Native Americans driving that melted the ice sheet that covered most of North America?:huh::dunno:

Not saying anyone has crossed the line, but let's keep this thread on topic....EARLY and PLENTIFUL snowfall...on not go down the global warming path...

I hate to pick nits but it's generally not referred to as "global warming" anymore. "Climate Change" is the generally preferred term due to variable effect it has across the globe. For example, some areas will be (and likely probably already are) experiencing either increased (or decreased) precipitation, increased sea level rise, etc. etc.

Global warming connotates a result that many may not see to any significant degree for quite some time.

Again, folks, please keep to the original subject of snow and snowfall, not the global warming path. Political discussions are forbidden, remember?

Thanks.

Snew

in the forecast and this morning as I was headed out the door it was on the screen on the local news....

That's Central NY for you... back in the day I marched in the high school band, and just about every columbus day parade it snowed.

Hey there Travis,

I gotta say that I don't envy you at all. You're welcome to be completely selfish and keep all the snow that you get:) I saw enough snow last winter to last me a long, lonnngggg time:) (and I've seen lots of snow in my lifetime).

cheers eh?

John

What's snow look like? Is it that cold looking white stuff on TV? The only snow we get here comes from Cuba.:rofl::rofl: What were the mammoths and Native Americans driving that melted the ice sheet that covered most of North America?:huh::dunno:
P3040067.jpg
just trying to help....

This is farther north then where I live, but Maine got 6" today nonetheless and here is a picture to prove it. It's going to be a long winter, but I got powered snowshoes anyway. :)

1224703427_0947.jpg

Here is a picture of last years powered snowshoes when the snow was a wee too much...

Really_Stuck-small.JPG

Weather in boise has been mostly mild - expecting near 70 and sunny this weekend - however, we did get our earliest ever recorded measurable snow fall on Oct. 12 this year.

That must have been the same storm that came through our neck of the woods (Utah). 10/11/2008
10-11-08.jpg

I'm really hoping we don't have a repeat of last winter.

I will have to kindly ask yall to keep that stuff up there. I have flannel shirts on at 60 deg thank you very much. Here's Christmas last year at my momma's. Criticisms and comments are welcome:D.

Attachments

• 122307.jpg
    122307.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 21
  • s6300512 therm.jpg
    s6300512 therm.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 21
I will have to kindly ask yall to keep that stuff up there. I have flannel shirts on at 60 deg thank you very much. Here's Christmas last year at my momma's. Criticisms and comments are welcome:D.

I was in Fresno California working for the railroad when a yard dispatcher asked me if I was cold. I said no as it was 60º in December and a T-shirt was enough. Then 2 days later I flew home to find it was -22º below zero NOT including the windchill factor.The two weeks I was home it got up to -4 below. (all temps given in F).

As for criticism...its not Christmas without snow brother. Of course either is Thanksgiving, New Years, President's Day, Easter, St Patrick's Day, Tax Day and Mother's Day. (Okay I made the last one up). :D