a reflective day for me

Thanks all for the positive comments. The good news is that after re-reading my original post, I don't know why I felt like that at all. I'm back to normal today, ready for whatever. Doesn't hurt a feller, though, to reflect on life now and then. Helps appreciate what we have, have done and what we have to look forward to. Yesterday, we went to my wife's bell collectors meeting. Bells aren't my 'thang' but the folks are nice and I go along with my wife's interest. There were about six other men there. All were eight to ten years younger than me. But, they all were loaded with physical ailments and (guess I'm braggin') all looked about ten years older than me.
We moved to this retirement community in 1976. A man I met then, and greatly admired, was 77 at the time. I recall he was, in attitude, one of the youngest and, mentally, most vigorous men I have ever met. He stayed that way until his death at near 90. OTOH, I see many guys who gave up on life at 50 and act like sickly 99 year olds. That ain't gonna be me. I believe age is more attitudinal than chronological.
Oh, Larry, forgot to respond. Do come back anytime. We have two guest rooms and a camper for overflow, if needed. Casa Fusco is always open when we are here. That invite is open to anyone at FW.

Hey Frank we all have days like that. Some of us just dont want to admit it. Guess it goes back to the saying my mom used to use on me..."Cowboys don't cry Rob"....

Thanks all for the positive comments. The good news is that after re-reading my original post, I don't know why I felt like that at all. I'm back to normal today, ready for whatever. Doesn't hurt a feller, though, to reflect on life now and then. Helps appreciate what we have, have done and what we have to look forward to. Yesterday, we went to my wife's bell collectors meeting. Bells aren't my 'thang' but the folks are nice and I go along with my wife's interest. There were about six other men there. All were eight to ten years younger than me. But, they all were loaded with physical ailments and (guess I'm braggin') all looked about ten years older than me.
We moved to this retirement community in 1976. A man I met then, and greatly admired, was 77 at the time. I recall he was, in attitude, one of the youngest and, mentally, most vigorous men I have ever met. He stayed that way until his death at near 90. OTOH, I see many guys who gave up on life at 50 and act like sickly 99 year olds. That ain't gonna be me. I believe age is more attitudinal than chronological.
Oh, Larry, forgot to respond. Do come back anytime. We have two guest rooms and a camper for overflow, if needed. Casa Fusco is always open when we are here. That invite is open to anyone at FW.

Hi Frank.

I'm sorry I'm late but I wish you a happy birthay.

Let me tell you something, I've away celebrating with my in-laws their 50th wedding anniversary, He's 80 and still very, very active. And by that I mean still working hard on his small apple tree plantation (10 trees), his private plaltation of tomatoes, lettuce, eggplant and peeper big enough to supply the whole family and neighbours.

Honestly, I envy him, he's a simple man, with simple needs, living the day and not wondering about the future, but planning and making things all the time. And I believe that's the trick.