Is the time off for everyone?

Jim O'Dell

I'm guessing the software isn't corrected for the new date change for DST. I'm an hour early on my post. I guess that gives me plenty of time to re-read and correct any problems before anyone notices, huh? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Just wondered. Jim.

Nope, it's showing the correct time for me.

What's the new date change you mentioned? All the references I've seen say it's November 2 this year.

That is correct, but last year was the first year at the new schedule. I just thought maybe the software hadn't caught up with it yet. I did look at my profile before I posted the note, and it shows central time, DST on. I'll check this post and see what it says. Jim.

Still an hour early. Did they change my time zone and I missed it? :rofl::rofl: Jim.

OOPS!!! My clock in this room is an hour off!! The clock on my computer is right. :doh: HMMMM when did that happen? I'll just blame it on the heat in the attic hooking up the ceiling fan power feed line.
Carry on. Jim.:eek:

Last edited:
I just looked...my computer clock is the one that is wrong. The room clock is right. Something tells me the time I see on the post is controlled by my computer's clock. I'm going to change it and see what happens. Frank, I think I'm the one that's getting old! Jim.

Nope, forum post time is still an hour early. I'm so confused.....

I just looked...my computer clock is the one that is wrong. The room clock is right. Something tells me the time I see on the post is controlled by my computer's clock. I'm going to change it and see what happens. Frank, I think I'm the one that's getting old! Jim.

Nope, forum post time is still an hour early. I'm so confused.....

No problem here. EDST zone...GMT -4 hours.

Always did think Texas time was a bit off... :rofl:

Time Test

(This post should come up a @ 11:22 CDST on my computer.

(OK, so MY computer is 1 minute off) ha!

Last edited:
...I did look at my profile before I posted the note, and it shows central time, DST on. I'll check this post and see what it says...
I just looked at your profile, and you have Automatically detect DST settings set to "Yes", but the Is DST currently in effect option is set to "No". I think if you set the latter one to "Yes", things will display correctly for you.

I just looked at your profile, and you have Automatically detect DST settings set to "Yes", but the Is DST currently in effect option is set to "No". I think if you set the latter one to "Yes", things will display correctly for you.[/quot]

Vaughn, I see the automatic detect, but I don't see the DST currently in effect option. Is it under a different section? Thanks!!

Norman, your post shows it was made 1 hour earlier than you said it was. So this is still showing I'm off. Jim.

Probably figured this out by now but your computer was set to automatically change for the DST. Of course since the Guvment keeps changing it your computer didn't know not to update it.

I missed an appointment because mine did the same thing I was watching the computer clock instead of one that was right.

Last edited:
It is off for me also

The time showed in some of these post are off for me also.

Capture.JPG

Looking at my userCP it shows that I am set for Eastern time and to automatically detect DST.

At the bottom of the CP is the current time and that matches my computer clock (which is correct). Although, when selecting Eastern time in the past it showed -5hrs and next to the time at the bottom of the CP it shows -4?????:dunno:

It really doesn't bother me but maybe this info can help solve the problem.

Vaughn, I see the automatic detect, but I don't see the DST currently in effect option. Is it under a different section? Thanks!!
:huh: Now I see that the "DST currently in effect" only shows up in the Admin CP, not in the regular member profiles. My bad.

The odd thing is, looking at my account, the ""DST currently in effect" is set to Yes, but in your account it's set to No. I just now set yours to Yes to see if that'll make any difference.

...At the bottom of the CP is the current time and that matches my computer clock (which is correct). Although, when selecting Eastern time in the past it showed -5hrs and next to the time at the bottom of the CP it shows -4?????:dunno:

It really doesn't bother me but maybe this info can help solve the problem.
Hmm...I'm seeing the same thing with mine (Pacific time). It says either GMT-7 or GMT-8, depending on where I look.

Got me a bit baffled. I'll do a bit more digging as time permits.

Depending on your OS, there may be a DST Patch that needs to be installed. Micros@ft put one out a couple of years ago, but if you've reloaded your pc, it may need to be re-applied.

Either way, this should adjust itself after 11/2 as the server will be updated at that time. Your posts should show in the correct order also since posting number is used for the display, not the time of the post.