WHOO HOO! Look what arrived today!!

Dominic Greco

LN45140.jpg

Look what was waiting for me when I got home!!

A spiffy (almost) new LN 4 1/2 and a bronze LN 140 courtesy of recent purchase from a classified add on WoodCentral. These bad boys look pretty much brand spanking new! Besides being in near new condition, they came complete with their original paperwork and boxes. For operational purposes, these don't matter much. But it just goes to show you how "complete" these are.

I'm pretty excited about these two planes. For a long time I'd been looking on Ebay for a Bedrock #604 1/2 or a Stanley #140 but I could never find either for less than a brand new LN, or in good enough condition to warrant the expense. These two were also a present to myself to celebrate the new job I started today. But I pretty much exhausted the "tool fund" (generated by recent tool sales) with these guys. I might have enough left for one more purchase.
yellowbiggrin.gif
yellowbiggrin.gif

Congrats. Are you sure you built your tool cabinet big enough? :D (Or maybe you're already working on the next one.) :p

Some folks can collect the darnedest things.
Like tomahawks. :rolleyes:
(Yes, Dale, one is still missing.)

BTW, I didn't digress too much. The second from bottom is a neander squaring broad hatchet.

Attachments

• t hawks.jpg
    t hawks.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 24
Doesn't my tool cabinet count? :>)

Well, you know Dominic... now you MUST make something with them! No excuses, no more procastination!:D:rofl:

Toni,
I should have had these when I was building my tool cabinet! THEN I could have justified them more easily!:D As it stands I might have to wait until after Xmas to work on any hand tool projects. I might have some turning commisions to complete before then!

good buy!

dominic, you dun good on the sale for sure,, but whats this new job you hinted at, but didnt tell us???inquiring minds want to know..

and wow frank, mr delaney sent out the big guns after you in that pic.. the reason you may not understand the plane afliction is lathes dont use them:D

Hi Larry

dominic, you dun good on the sale for sure,, but whats this new job you hinted at, but didnt tell us???inquiring minds want to know

Thanks for the kind words and for asking about the new gig.

Well, I started a new job this past week. I'm working for a smallish local firm that manufactures specialized accessories for machines with linear ways, hydraulic rams, screws, etc. For the first 4 months I'll be learning from the retiring VP of Engineering. After he retires, I'm slated to take over his duties. For now I'm out working on the production floor and learning from the ground up. I'm LOVING just about every minute of it!

It's been quite a transition. I was working for a HUGE firm where I wasn't all that happy (or appreciated). Now I work for a much smaller company where there is no place for drones or slackers to hide, and where EVERYONE (even the bosses) pitches in to help get the job done. It's pretty cool.

Not quite!

Congrats. Are you sure you built your tool cabinet big enough? :D (Or maybe you're already working on the next one.) :p

I sold a BUNCH of my old hand planes and that created a good deal of room. So what do I end up doing with the proceeds? Buying MORE hand planes to take their place!:rofl:

My next project is already in the works. It's a full shop upgrade. I just completed wiring up and insulating that back half of my garage. Then I installed for 1/4" white pegboard 4' up from the floor to the ceiling. From the floor up 4', I installed 3/8" plywood "bead board" wainscoting. Then I made some chair rail molding and installed that. I'm about mid way through moving everything back in place and still need to re-route my DC piping. I'll post pics soon enough.