blue screws

Frank Fusco

Well, actually the screws aren't blue. But they have blue stuff painted on them.
I bought some extra screws for holding bits onto turning tools. Some are plain but about half have blue stuff painted on the threads.
Is this stuff an anti-seize material? Or is it like Loctite to prevent removal?
Wattzit?

...have blue stuff painted on the threads.
Is this stuff an anti-seize material? Or is it like Loctite to prevent removal?
Wattzit?

It's Locktite®, but it won't prevent removal. It will make it a bit harder, though. What it's intended for is uses where the screw might vibrate loose. The Locktite® keeps that from happening. I use the blue stuff on nearly all my power tool sheaves (pulleys), and have never had a setscrew come loose.

If it were the RED stuff, then it'd be nearly permanent.

Hey Frank, has nothing to do with blue screws but I passed thru the beautiful state of Arkansas last week on my way to Oklahoma. From Little Rock to Fort Smith is some gorgeous country. Stopped along I-40 (rest areas) several times to take pics, got off just west of Russellville to explore a big lake and got some beautiful pics of the lake and the leaves beginning to turn color.

Looking forward to getting out that way again, As I said, beautiful country.

Sorry if I disrupted the thread, Tony.

Hey Frank, has nothing to do with blue screws but I passed thru the beautiful state of Arkansas last week on my way to Oklahoma. From Little Rock to Fort Smith is some gorgeous country. Stopped along I-40 (rest areas) several times to take pics, got off just west of Russellville to explore a big lake and got some beautiful pics of the lake and the leaves beginning to turn color.

You passed several wood working/turning folks on that trip who would have welcomed, fed and feted you. Come north to near the Missouri state line and you would have found me and Tod. We're both tolerable company. Glad you enjoyed the Arkansas visit, but do stop next time you are this way. Casa Fusco is always open.

Pictures, I don't see no pictures :dunno:

;) :D