Cribbage Bd

Pete Simmons

I have a friend making some cribbage boards / boxes as gifts. Here is a pic of the top. I do the laser work.

The holes - we tried differint methods with the laser doing the complete hole none satisfactory so we went with a starting point for a brad point bit. That way it makes a nice clean hole in the correct location.

This is a 3/8 thick top that will be part of a storage box. Sides of walnut. top and bottom of maple.

Last year he made some out of a solid piece of wood and routed out a spot in the back to store cards and pegs.

Laser work takes about 8 minutes per board. Now he can go drill some holes - carefully!

Attachments

• cribbd20082.jpg
    cribbd20082.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 70
Rev 2

The boards he made last year had some text at one end saying who it was made for and by whom along with some text on the back on the history of cribbage.

This year he wanted to keep it simple. On one end close to one of the curved lines ( look a little below the start on the left side ) in very small text, is the builders name and year.

use of cribbage board

hey Tony, it is a method of keeping score while playing a card game, Cribbage. I believe it dates back to 1800's.
As you score points, you "peg" (move the trailing peg) your score counting from the leading peg. An excellent game of concentration and stratagy.

Mike Barnes;125186]hey Tony, it is a method of keeping score while playing a card game, Cribbage. I believe it dates back to 1800's.
As you score points, you "peg" (move the trailing peg) your score counting from the leading peg. An excellent game of concentration and stratagy.:guitar: