Christmas gifts

Reg Mitchell

OK boys,:poke:
I know your out there in your shops sawing and scrapeing away like the little elfs that we all are so lets see a few pics of what you,re working on for a Christmas gift. I'll post mine later as I haven't got access to it at the moment
Reg

Right now I am building a toboggan for my grandson Ethan. At the bottom of this post is a photo where I am sanding the inside curve of one of the ash slats using a rounded profile on my Festool linear sander.

That’s an old toboggan in the background that I am repairing at the same time. It was (my wife) Margaret’s when she was a child.

In an earlier thread (http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=294
) I described the two tool cabinets that I built for my daughters.

Added Later: The only way I could get the picture to display was to include it at the end. The in-line picture facility does not appear to be working.

Attachments

• Frank sanding inside of a toboggan slat -small.JPG
    Frank sanding inside of a toboggan slat -small.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
x
Yup, very busy here with a last minute gift.
christmas2.jpgchristmas3.jpg
Vaugh inspired me and I am making a flyrod case for my FIL. He loved this old oak I saved and it is to thin to do much with. Decided this was a good idea but man has it been harder than I expected to get good tight joints!

Hoping the finish isn't tacky when I wrap it and the paper doesn't stick! :)

christmas4.jpg

Misc Boxes for friends. Almost done with them!

christmas1.jpg
My wife wanted two cabinets for the Laundry room. This is the sides for a free standing cabient. Then I am going to build a long overhead cabient for over the sink, washer and dryer. No plans to have these done before CHRISTmas.