Been Gone So Long

Thought I better Start Here.
Hey Folks,:wave:
Greetings to the new guys and hey to you long timers
Took some time for a long overdue update.
Thanks for the interest.
The Garagemahal http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=428 is more for staging and storage than a shop at the moment. Winters coming, we'll be making some sawdust. Cabinet saw, air filter, DP and a temp DC are tuned and in place. I've been having so much fun in my new digs, I forget why I bought this place.
Still unpacking and working on the master suite.
I've been spinning CDs at the communities radio station. I do Jazz, Women in Jazz , Blues, and (believe it or not, Homie does) a Folk music program.

I've been spending a lot of time at North House Folk School. http://www.northhousefolkschool.com/classes/Sailing.htm Kind of "Day Care for baby boomers".
They have a home built 50 ft Schooner that I have worked on as a deck hand. I start my OUPV (captains) training in Dec.
In addition, I was the G.E.B (guy at the end of the board) for a cedar strip canoe making class. Fascinating process. The whole class is on my short list.
I volunteer for some of their events and made chile for 200 people last winter for the Winter Gathering

Started guitar lessons today, doing some target shooting. and cutting wood for winter.

Never an end to the adventure.
Take care I'll be checking back with you when and if things calm down.

Tyler
Live Like You Mean It!

PS That's me at the helm,
Cedar strip canoe class,
WWs Al, Dave, Lori, Nancy & me in Mpls.
The Hjordis,
At Helm again,
More Canoe,
One of the timber frames that they teach at North House

Attachments

• DJ 7-08.jpg
    DJ 7-08.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Cannoe 1 (600 x 450).jpg
    Cannoe 1 (600 x 450).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Nancy Dave, Al, Lori.JPG
    Nancy Dave, Al, Lori.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 63
  • P8030001.jpg
    P8030001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 52
  • P8170015.jpg
    P8170015.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 56
  • P9110022.jpg
    P9110022.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 72
  • Timber two (600 x 450).jpg
    Timber two (600 x 450).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hey Tyler, great to see you drop in. Sounds like you're getting this retirement stuff down to a fine art. Way to go. :thumb:

Don't be a stranger. y'hear? :wave:

I've heard you're never busy unitl you retire...but wow...you are busy! :eek:

Looking forward to more pics when you have time.:wave:

Tyler, looks like you gotten into the swing of being retired. A friend of mine took-up college classes after retirement. I think he ended up with just about every degree and certificate that they offered after a while.

lookun good ther

ole friend! you got the life now, bet you never knew retirement could be so much work and fun too.. someday we will have to drop over to visit. make sure your lathe with all the sigs on it is still in working condition.:D:thumb:

Great to see you having fun, Tyler!! I think you're finding out the same thing my Dad found out when he retired. It's a lot of work! But it will keep you active, your mind all limbered up, and your soul ready to help. I think you should have saved that Mexico vacation until this winter...when you're really going to need some time to rest!! :rofl: Jim.