New from GA

Lee Chadwick

Stumbled across the site and decided, what the heck, I could always stand to have ANOTHER distraction from work:D
My primary source of woodworking is custom duck, goose and turkey calls. But I also dabble a bit in furniture as well

Welcome aboard Lee.

I've been thinking about making some calls lately. Came close to getting some inner workings...

Looking forward to seeing your work! :thumb:

Thanks for the welcome. Some of my calls are turned on the lathe ( duck and goose calls, plus the friction calls). The box calls are all hewn from a solid block of wood, then checkered by hand.
Brent,
Anything I can do to help, please let me know

Welcome to the clubhouse, Lee. :wave:
...The box calls are all hewn from a solid block of wood, then checkered by hand...
I'd love to see your box calls. I've made some from separate pieces of wood, but I'd imagine making one out of a solid block would be tough.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Vaughn, it isnt near as intimidating as dove tails. Anything I can do to help, holler at me.
For my brothers here in GA, I will be your special friend if you have land to turkey hunt on:D:rofl:

SInce there isnt really a topic forum for what I do, I guess I can post them here. These are some of my turkey calls that are hewn from a solid block of wood. Each box and paddle are checkered by hand using a hammer, chisel and pocket knife. I enjoy experimenting with different kinds of woods and combinations

Attachments

• al ced wal (600 x 393).jpg
    al ced wal (600 x 393).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 7
  • box elder wal (600 x 393).jpg
    box elder wal (600 x 393).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 4
  • canarywood wenge.jpg
    canarywood wenge.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 6
  • juniper jatoba (600 x 450).jpg
    juniper jatoba (600 x 450).jpg