Bottle Stopper

Well I did get some turning done the last couple of weeks. This is a bottle stopper I turned from Arizona Silhouette. I had 1 more to turn for the display at the Arts Gallery but I didn't make it there and have sold 8 of them so far with people just seeing this one. These have the ceramic rose inside and went over real well with the ladies. So I guess I had better get moving it as they want them for Christmas and I have about 15 ornaments to make by Thanksgiving. By the way I will get pictures of the display after she has finished. She has it about half setup and looks pretty good. Right in the middle of the room.

Anyway it is all turned with a skew, finished by wet sanding from 220 to 600 grit and the Beall buffing with Tripoli and White Diamond. For my first I am pretty pleased with it.

Attachments

• Red Stopper 2.jpg
    Red Stopper 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 49
  • Red Stopper 3.jpg
    Red Stopper 3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Red Stopper 4.jpg
    Red Stopper 4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Looks good, Bernie. I've made a few of those, and I'd say they're my favorite bottle stopper blanks. For some reason they haven't seem to sell very well for me, though. Sounds like you've got a slew of customers wanting them, though. :thumb:

that purty bernie, i can see why the lady's like them with the rose in the middle:thumb: flowers are always lady's second best friend, diamonds are the first on the list:rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments. I just went back it and ordered 6 more of those as the Director called and said that the 4 like this one with the roses and 2 wood ones were gone. She said that there was 3 inquiries if she could get more and if so call them. So guess I had better get on the stick. I guess if nothing else sells maybe these will continue to do well.