Blade Runner

OK, now that is very cool, $80, not cheap, but yeah, if you had a lot to do, certainly would be worth it.

Must be some serious magnets in that thing. :D

Hi Stu

great looking tool. Wish I had it before I started the drywalling in my shop. I used 2 layers of 5/8 sheetrock and boy its has been a mission. i think the price point for the tool is too high. But for the trade I guess it is not an issue. Maybe there will be a home market version at some point. Thanks for sharing. I might consider this when I do the basement.

How often do you cut circles in drywall.:rolleyes: It looks like it would take some time to get used to it. Love how they make it look so easy.

Scoring both sides of Drywall

Guys after seeing this post this morning and with a day of drywall ahead of me in the shop, I tried out the idea of scoring the drywall both sides for some pieces i was cutting to "fit" into a space.
If you ever want a really good cut try it yourself. I used my stanley knief and drywall square and cut shallow on both sides. Sure enough great snap off. Learnt something great today.

I think I am going to try and make one of these with bought magnets like the type lee valley sell. I will put some old used stanley blades in that I will take the edge off and see if just for fun I can get to make a homemade version.