Drawer glides

Bart Leetch

I am looking for light - medium duty full extension drawer glides for drawers that are 171/2" front to back X 19" wide for CD & DVD storage. I have found the ACCURIDE 3732 Full Extension Drawer Slides at woodcraft for $14.85 but I still will need to purchase the face frame kit for another $3.99 each plus that they are rated at 100# at the most I would only need 20# & thats stretching it.

Is there a better glide or at least one that would match my requirements a bit closer?

I am looking for light - medium duty full extension drawer glides for drawers that are 171/2" front to back X 19" wide for CD & DVD storage. I have found the ACCURIDE 3732 Full Extension Drawer Slides at woodcraft for $14.85 but I still will need to purchase the face frame kit for another $3.99 each plus that they are rated at 100# at the most I would only need 20# & thats stretching it.

Is there a better glide or at least one that would match my requirements a bit closer?
Hi Bart :wave:,
Accuride has always served me well.
KV is another company I trust.
Grant has good slides.
Check out these names on the internet, with the added "distribution center" Washington.
I believe you can get a better price.
The 100# slides are what you want, with them you get strength and longevity if you buy reputable slides.
That is the lightest weight I use, even if the drawer is 14" wide and 12" deep, 3" tall. These additives are the things that last as will your drawers, short changing on these is not a good idea. Just look for a better price not a step down in quality.
Bought a bulk pack of 10, 22" FE drawer slides from a cold caller. They were black and seemed to be almost the same as the KV's I had been using. They were about $4.00 a pair. Felt bad for him and thought I would be helping him, not imagining that when the drawer was inserted into the side accepter that the piece holding the ball bearings in place, would be so thin as to bend and release the ball bearings. Stuff happens.
You take pride in your work, use good hardware.
Shaz :)
What is this face frame kit you speak off?

Last edited: