So are we up yet?

Home for the Holidays!!!

I'd say MARTY DID IT!!!! I've about worn out my clicker button on the mouse seeing if we were back in business! Good to see the family surroundings here. Nothing like home for the holidays! Jim.

Boy, you folks found this quicker than I had anticipated!! :thumb:

This is indeed our new forum on our new host...Bluehost.

It's taken me the better part of the day, but I apparently didn't do too bad since no data was lost in the move.

Please let me know if you find ANYTHING that doesn't function as it did before. I'll do my best to get it corrected quickly.

Thanks for your patience while we stumbled along during the learning process..

- Marty -

Marty, I did just notice that the pictures aren't there yet. Is this something that will need to be loaded separately from the raw data? You did great! Sorry you lost time in the shop over mismanagement by the original host site. Oh, and take your time on the pictures. We can wait. Jim.

Last edited:
Marty,

Congratulations - you've done a absolutely fantastic job of getting the forum moved over to the new host. Everything looks great.

I'm sure we'll all find Bluehost to be much faster and more reliable than the previous host for sure.

I've use Bluehost as the host for my websites and have found them to be very good to deal with - great customer service. Luckily, I haven't had any real problems requiring any kind of attention, I've only talked to them about how to do things I wasn't sure of on a discussion forum I operated for a while. They were very helpful all the time.

Again - great job!!

Rick

Marty, I did just notice that the pictures aren't there yet. Is this something that will need to be loaded separately from the raw data? You did great! Sorry you lost time in the shop over mismanagement by the original host site. Oh, and take your time on the pictures. We can wait. Jim.

Jim,

Im looking into the picture issue now. It should actually fix itself once all the name servers are updated. I still can't even get to this forum using the name, I still have to use an IP address.

Oh, and by the way, I hope no one minds, I'm going to move this to the site questions and test posts forum.

Fingers crossed on the pictures...
- Marty -

Hi Marty,

I'm getting to the forum using just this address:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/index.php

rick

Yeah Rick,

Many people are, but it's completely dependant on the Name Server that's used by your ISP. I can't use that name, since it attempts to bring me to the old site. But, Stu in Japan has been able to use the name to get to the new site for a while now.

It can take anywhere from zero to 48 hours for all name servers on the web to get updated. Unfortunately, until they're all updated, some folks are gonna see some weird results. I apologize in advance... :dunno:

- Marty -

I took the old address and lopped off everything after org\, and it came up to the new host page until the site was uploaded, then it automatically loads the site now. And I think it is already faster loading.
Oh, and is there a way to e-mail the members so they know its up, especially if it won't load from the old site address? Jim.

Jim, it should not be a problem, but yes, in say 24 hours I'll do a mass mailing to say we are back.

I do not like to do mass mailings, as most consider them spam, and I too hate spam, but in this case, I think it is a good idea.

The pics will solve themselves, I just had a look into the admin cp and the pics are there, they are just not quite hooking up yet.

Could be a minor glitch, but I think it is still a name server thing.

Thanks again Marty!

Cheers!

I took the old address and lopped off everything after org\, and it came up to the new host page until the site was uploaded, then it automatically loads the site now. And I think it is already faster loading.
Oh, and is there a way to e-mail the members so they know its up, especially if it won't load from the old site address? Jim.

Jim

There isnt' really an easy/clean way to email everyone. But it shouldn't be long before the name servers are all updated. I've never seen it take the ful 48 hours. It should all good by the morning.

Fingers crossed...
- Marty -