Dummies and planing

I dont own a jointer.
The laminated boards were very flat and seems to be no bad spots.
I purchased the Glue line rip blade from freud since I figured Id could use any advantage possible.
Ive cut small table tops, maybe 3, out of oak, and glueing up boards with my little ryobi and mediocre blades came out ok, didnt see any bad spots or gaps.

I appreciate all the advice, but no jointer, so I have to do the best I can do.
I think Im going to scrap the glueup, the reason I only did one, and use the solid piece.(i always add an inch on each side so I can trim after I glue up anything.)

Im quite sure, no, Im positivie Im not going to produce any family heirloom type furniture, but if its functional and looks good, Ill be ok with that.

The LOML and I loved going to the shore (we lived in Toms River) during the fall and winter. We had the beach to ourselves and the cool air was quite invigorating.

Enjoy yourself!

(we did point pleasant beach for 20 years straight.)

Its close to us, and we can leave there in the morning and get to work if we needed too.

I cut the leg exactly square, using the new rip blade, then crosscut almost to length, (need to change over that crosscut blade also before final cut), and sanded down with 220 grit on the orbital sander.
If youre looking at it under a bright light close up, like these shots you see the boards, but from 5 feet, it looks good.
Im really partial to gluing up and building legs, I just like the challenge.
My wife thinks it looks great, she likes the contrasting grains, but if it looks wrong, Ill go with solid wood.

Now if I dont shower and leave Ill be celebrating my anniversary in divorce court, so Ill catch y'all later in the week(these pics .After sanding and mineral spirit clean)
these are clear pics.

Attachments

• wood stuff 295 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 295 (Medium).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 18
  • wood stuff 297 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 297 (Medium).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
allen you just go with what the customer likes, and if you like it then go for it there is no right answer,, that is the beauty of woodworking ,,yes there are some rules that we should follow for better sucess, but the final outcome is what counts. so look at as art allen not a set in stone final outcome..:thumb::D

The customer wanted beveled edges on the legs, easy for me.
I have one small problem, and hope someone can give me a solution or Ill have to glue up more
I used the solid piece for remaining three legs.
One leg has a small worm hole,one small hole not deep, but I coulndt size it down to get rid of it.
No matter how I turn the leg on table, or top or bottom, its going to be seen.
Is there some type of paste will blend in with Mahogany, or do I just start up new glue up?
I really appreciate any help

not as noticable when looking from a few feet awaywood stuff 305 (Medium).jpg

Attachments

• wood stuff 301 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 301 (Medium).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 9
  • wood stuff 302 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 302 (Medium).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 10
  • wood stuff 303 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 303 (Medium).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 14