3 Fishers of Men pens

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
140-143166-167FishersofMenPensBlood.jpg

I turned these a couple of weeks ago in prep. for a Craft Show & Sale at a local Catholic Church with the hope that the religious connotation of the pens might secure me a sale.

In spite of being turned in Bloodwood, Holly, and Bethlehem Olive Wood, there was little interest and "No Sale".:dunno:

Mac, have faith, they will sell, you got to believe :D
Hi Stu; Those are exactly the words I said to myself when I was turning them!

Seriously, those are super pens,
I wish it came in a Button Click rather than the Twist.
what kit is that?
It is called Pacifica Fishers of Men, and comes from WoodenPenPro.

Here's the kit I got: http://www.woodpenpro.com/pen_kits/index.html Unfortunately I got it in 10K Gold, wish I had got the Two-Tone, a little more expensive but not too bad.

They are unquestionably beautiful and very well done.
Sorry they didn't sell. I'll betcha, if they had cross clips they would have gone quickly.
I sell and donate Europeans in Dogwood and Bethlehem Olive Wood with cross clips at my church. The folks who have them boast they have one of my pens. Great for my ego but, moreso, I enjoy that they enjoy having them.
I use the Euro because it is available in Tn Gold and Rhodium Platinum, the durable finishes.

there was little interest and "No Sale".:dunno:[/SIZE said:

Those are great looking pens Mack! Maybe if you had put a sign on them that read " Unique pieces Not for sale" they would have been more lured to try to get them. Humans behave strangely sometimes.:)

Mack,
Keep the faith, those are beautiful pens and they will sell. The person who will appreciate them most just hasn't come along yet.

Bernie,
I like the way olivewood smells when you turn it... it is one of the better smelling woods.

Those are beautiful pens Mack. Pens are my favorite...and only...give away thing. What kind of finish did you use? Again, great work! :thumb:

Those are beautiful pens Mack. Pens are my favorite...and only...give away thing.
What kind of finish did you use?
My favourite finish and one I do on most of my pens is 5/6 coats of thin CA applied off the lathe painted on with a Q-tip.

1500 mm btwn coats, until about the 4th coat, then 4,000 mm until the last coat which gets mm'd from 4,000 to 12,000.

Finally depending on my mood at the time, it could be FLITZ, or HUT Ultra Gloss Plastic Polish or HUT Crystal Coat Liquid Friction Finish, or uBeaut Shellawax.

I think those pens are very close to a new kit Penn State has that is a click pen. The Polaris Click pen. I do not like twist pens. In my job I usually only have one hand free to use a pen. No, not that. I mean I always have a clip board and the twist pens are too much trouble.