my shop

Leo Voisine

I have popped in here from time to time - you don't know me well - yet, but I plan on hanging in here for a while - so I figured I would show you my little shop. I usually keep it clean - but it's a bit messy in these pics.

One thing I do have in there is a CNC router, that I like to play with.

OOPS - I did this wrong - sorry - I need to learn my way around here.

I accidently posted as a reply in the lego shop

Attachments

• shop1.JPG
    shop1.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 229
  • shop2.JPG
    shop2.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 211
  • shop3.JPG
    shop3.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 222
  • shop4.JPG
    shop4.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 182
  • shop5.JPG
    shop5.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 185
  • shop6.JPG
    shop6.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 186
  • shop7.JPG
    shop7.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 197
  • shop8.JPG
    shop8.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 196
  • shop9.JPG
    shop9.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 171
  • shop10.JPG
    shop10.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 158
Looks great Leo, I'm very envious of all the space you have!

How do you like that Hitachi chop saw?

Is that the big slider?

I have the 8" SCMS and I love it, but I've always wanted the bigger one.

Cheers!

I have popped in here from time to time - you don't know me well - yet,

Hey, folks,

I'd like to take a moment to welcome Leo, even though he's posted a few times before. I've known Leo and admired his work for many years. In fact, when I built my first bookcase, and it came out incredibly crooked, Leo was the first to help me! I'll always be grateful for his having come to my aid in a difficult moment. I was ready to give up on woodworking altogether, but Leo talked me back to reality... ;)

The story of that CNC is a great one... but I'll let him tell it. That shop of his has served multiple purposes... imagine reconfiguring *your* shop to host a wedding reception! And if you look closely, you'll see some pretty cool cabinets/workbenches in there!

Leo, it's good to see your name on my screen again! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

OK that does it LEO

yu need to fess up here if Dr Bill says:D your holdin out then your holdin out big time:D:thumb: so lets her the story on the mysterious cnc machine yu lite hearted mentioned....:huh::dunno:

yu need to fess up here if Dr Bill says:D your holdin out then your holdin out big time:D:thumb: so lets her the story on the mysterious cnc machine yu lite hearted mentioned....:huh::dunno:

HI Leo

Welcome to the Family. .....now ....I am with Larry he beat me to it. Spill the beans on this CNC quit holding out:D. Its driving me crazy. I would like to have a go at building one. Iam in the research and budgeting phase. :D:D

Uhhh HI everyone.

Bill - you already welcomed me in a few months ago - but thank you again for the second warm welcome. I too have really missed you. No REALLY!! You live such a wonderful life, and have such wonderful family.

My Hitachi 12" SCMS - well - I usta have a Mr. Handyman business and I would hire my friend from time to time. As payment for a job he did for me one time he told me he wanted that saw. Soooo I bought it for him and gave it to him. He had it for about a week then told me it was way too big for the space he had to work with. Soooo - I just gave him money instead and took the saw into my shop. With that I retired my OLD friend - Mr Radial arm saw. Ohhhh BTW - I love that saw.

My CNC router is a Larken Camtool 2424 with a 2hp 240v Perske upgrade. It had only maybe 5 hours on it when I bought it. The place that owned it Bought it new and NEVER used it. They didn't know what to do with it, so it kicked around and got in the way. They messed with it and it sustained some damage. I repaired it and got it running. I now have a full compliment of CAM programming software for it and I have about 1-1/2 years of getting use dto running it. I will certainly be posting some of my work on the machine. I will be getting into some sign making and some craft fairs. Hope to make some money with it. If anyone needs anything - feel free to email me and maybe I will be able to help out.

I am a manufacturing engineer. I work in the machining industry and do the CNC thing all day every day. This is a natural to me.

Many thanks on the comments on my shop. That is truly my pride and joy. Fully insulated, R-13 Garaga doors, R-13 walls, Low-E windows, yes heated, 26x26, upstairs to storage is 12x26, and I have a couple of sheds to store around 300 bd ft of lumber

I love my hobby - how about you?

Last edited: