Removing Large Cants From The Mill

Randy Wynn

:D Hi All, I have a customer that ordered 14 12x12x20 posts for a barn he's building. Here's a video of how we get these cants off the mill when complete. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbvPi5qiJ6U

This would be impossible with out the forklift. I have these logs scattered all up and down my driveway which is only 12' wide the logs are 20 footers. They would have to stay there with out the forklift.

millpix007.jpg

millpix010.jpg

Hi Randy thanks for the video. Would you be prepared to share with us what a post like this would typically cost.

Hi Rob Keeble, These are selling for $165.00ea. Yeah I agree with you Frank, thats gonna be a big barn. Also my price is way below any place I've been able to find them. I have found them as high as $400.00ea.

Last edited:
Hi ya' Randy!

I agree that your price is pretty good for the customer. Are you supplying the logs too? I see that you're getting good service from that forklift. I'll bet you say a little thankyou prayer every time you set yourself down in the seat eh:)?

cheers eh?

John

U Bet John

Yeah John, These are my logs. The forklift is just tooooooo cooooool. Makes life much EZ'r. Yes I do thank the Lord for my forklift everytime I crank it.

Very cool Randy!

I'd say before they had forklifts, they would have had a good horse or mule drag them off the mill, certainly a lot more work, but then again, you did what you had to do.

Thank goodness for power steering too eh :D

Very cool Randy!

I'd say before they had forklifts, they would have had a good horse or mule drag them off the mill, certainly a lot more work, but then again, you did what you had to do.

Thank goodness for power steering too eh :D

I knew that. Just being rhetorical. Another example of my failed sense of humor. And, they were lifted into place with tripods, pulleys, more mules and a lot of sweat. I believe the Amish are still doing things that way.