Don't know if this gloat or need for commiseration

Chuck Ellis

Ft Louden Electric came by today to clear some trees that were growing into the power lines... I have a line that crosses my property and had two trees that were in danger of getting into the lines.. one was leaning at about 20 deg directly over the line. There was a third that sat near the lines, but not quite big as the others, but I asked them to take it out as well to save a trip back in a year or two... they took all the brush, but left me the trunks..

I have to give these guys some credit... some of them have more cahones than me going up trees that lean the way this one did.. every time he set his spikes the tree bounced... it was tied off, but you can see on the picture of the stump how near rotted it was... a good storm or a little snow fall might have dropped this one right into the power lines.

Anyway, this is the pile of wood I have to move over to the shop area and get if off the hill behind the house...

They also topped one of my maples, it has a forked trunk from about 4 feet up and they only topped one fork of the turnk.. it looks like crap, so I'll have to bring down that trunk... no pictures of the maple. Fortunately, it's in the clear and only about 6 or 8 inches diameter, so won't be bad for me to bring down.

Anyone in the neighborhood that wants a few pieces of cedar to turn, stop by... I have plenty.

Attachments

• cedars 030.JPG
    cedars 030.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 60
  • cedars 028.JPG
    cedars 028.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 42
  • cedars 005.JPG
    cedars 005.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 45
  • cedars 003.JPG
    cedars 003.JPG