So I was asked to look at some tools.

Russ Massery

So I when over to look a computer for my LOML's Father's lady friend. After I was finished she said "I hear your into woodworking I have some tool for you to look at...... This is what I came home with.. Besides clamps, waterstone,etc.. and too much else to list. Best of all they were Free! Short list Stanley #12 scraper plane,#7,#5,(2)#3's,401/2. and a block plane I assume is a 60 1/2? You guy's that are a little more savvy. Could give me more info on the block plane and the #40 1/2. It would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCF0001 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSCF0001 (600 x 450).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 79
Looks like a scrub plane from the photos. Desirable plane, wouldn't mind having one. Used to rough lumber down to size. Rounded corners on the blade so it is strictly roughing it down thinner. To be finished up with one of the others.

I can see the block plane has an adjustable mouth and that is always a good thing. Looks like a nice little plane. I have thing for block planes, by far my most used planes are my two blocks.

That is a definite YOU SUCK!

Russ, I suggest that you check some price guides. Maybe it was the #112 and not the #12, but I seem to recall that one of the Stanley scrapers was quite pricey and collectible.

And yeah, Patrick's Blood and Gore is a great place to look up plane information.

...art

The block plane "might" be a Stanley 65. It's hard to tell from the picture. Looks fairly new.

The 40 1/2 is a scrub plane and is a bit wider than the more common #40. You can check eBay for approximate value.

Mike

Last edited: