Now I'm starting to understand why...

Toni, I really do not know of you "Need" a 1" blade, that is fairly thick and the tension on your bandsaw would have to be set very high to work well, I think you would be better off with a 3/4" blade, they work very well for resawing, fewer teeth and more set to the teeth, make it easier on your saw motor, but give a rougher cut, I think the blade you guys were talking about, the "wood slicer" or something would be better for the veneer resaw you want to do.

While you are at it, a couple of other blades would not cost you any more for shipping, so I would recommend that you pic at least one or two more blades, something for cutting curves.

On the import tax thing, like I said above, if the blades are sent without packaging from the maker, just the blade, folded up, in a box, and it is marked as used goods, low value and as a "gift" you chances of paying import taxes go way down........... or at least that is the way it works here..... :rolleyes: :D

Cheers!

Toni, I really do not know of you "Need" a 1" blade, that is fairly thick and the tension on your bandsaw would have to be set very high to work well, I think you would be better off with a 3/4" blade, they work very well for resawing, fewer teeth and more set to the teeth, make it easier on your saw motor, but give a rougher cut, I think the blade you guys were talking about, the "wood slicer" or something would be better for the veneer resaw you want to do.

While you are at it, a couple of other blades would not cost you any more for shipping, so I would recommend that you pic at least one or two more blades, something for cutting curves.

On the import tax thing, like I said above, if the blades are sent without packaging from the maker, just the blade, folded up, in a box, and it is marked as used goods, low value and as a "gift" you chances of paying import taxes go way down........... or at least that is the way it works here..... :rolleyes: :D

Cheers!

Hi Stu.
Thanks for the info, to tell you the truth I do not,know what blade I "need" maybe a 3/4 as you suggest will do fine.:dunno:

As far as taxes are concerned I guess that Japan and Spain are more or less alike:):(

Hi Stu.
Thanks for the info, to tell you the truth I do not,know what blade I "need" maybe a 3/4 as you suggest will do fine.:dunno:

As far as taxes are concerned I guess that Japan and Spain are more or less alike:):(

toni, what blade have you been using that has lasted so long? what didn`t it do that you wanted?

toni, what blade have you been using that has lasted so long? what didn`t it do that you wanted?

Hi Tod. I have been using the blade that came with the saw. It was a 0.62" ( 16mm) width and 4 teeth per inch.

Lasted so long? Well I dunno:dunno:, I got the saw in March 2007, so a year an a half almost.
Obviously I don't give it as much use as you would do, but I was starting to notice that it didn't cut as fast and easy as at the beginning.

What I noticed was that resawing was getting difficult, with a lot of pushing needed and the saw screeching against the guides.

The odd thing was if I pushed harder and faster it cut better without screeching but precision was at stake.

My experience with bansaws and their technique and problems is only a year old and from an amateur point of view:dunno:

if yur nice

boy these sure do look nice:D:D all shinny and full of set and teeth,, just about jumpin right out of the box, when i walked past a nice chunk of walnut that was 3.5 inches thick..:rofl: if i was you toni. i would be out lookin along the roads for empty soda cans if you have deposit on them over ther eor start lookin for side jobs to pay for this very expensive delivery that should be your way in a 2 weeks.. they say 6 to ten days to get there..our postal is slow yours might be faster..:rofl:

boy these sure do look nice:D:D all shinny and full of set and teeth,, just about jumpin right out of the box, when i walked past a nice chunk of walnut that was 3.5 inches thick..:rofl: if i was you toni. i would be out lookin along the roads for empty soda cans if you have deposit on them over ther eor start lookin for side jobs to pay for this very expensive delivery that should be your way in a 2 weeks.. they say 6 to ten days to get there..our postal is slow yours might be faster..:rofl:

Maybe eventually I should put in frame and just look at it, or mount it on the saw and only watch at it spinning and humming while I cut things by hand:rofl::rofl:

WOW this is like marriage

at the begining you get what you pay for but then the shipping charges or in a marriage case, your other bills that you have. the jewlery and the dresses and the dozens of shoes or purses:rofl: adds on to the total and its gets scary:rofl::wave:

its o-fishal

the sleigh has been loaded and its on its way toni,,, the elves took and made it look old and used, and attached some new eyes as well as the new teeth for your saw. according to the winds and weather outlook it should arrive in approx 6-10 days.. had to tell them how old you were so that they could justify the speedy delivery.. i told them that they were holding up a project for the big guy in the sky.. and that they should do there very best to get it there safe and sound. they seemed to understand.. so better be good and make sure your around to receive it...if they ask any questions it wasnt me, just someone that looked like me:rofl: