New poster with some last minute turnings

I am a new poster to the group and wish to say hello to everyone. I'm glad to see the site back up and running after being down.

These are a couple of last minute turnings before Christmas. An ornament for my grandson turned out of scyamore with mylands finish and some seam rippers for a friends daughter. She is in a quilting group and she is selling them to the ladies in the group like hot cakes.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and good New Year.

Bobby

Attachments

• first ornament.jpg.jpg
    first ornament.jpg.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 24
  • seam rippers.jpg.JPG
    seam rippers.jpg.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 34
Welcome Bobby. That's a great keepsake ornament, what a wonderful idea! Looks great, as do the seam rippers. I'll bet those ladies really like those. Nice handles, and much easier to hold onto than the plain plastic ones. Great ideas........thanks for sharing your work with us! :)

Welcome aboard Bobby, and nice work on all counts. :clap: I know some quilters, so I may have to look into the seam ripper idea. Did you start with a store-bought ripper and make a handle to fit, or did you find kits somewhere?

Thanks for the comments fellows, they are appreciated.

Richard, my friends daughter gets them through the quilting club from a supplier, I not sure who. They come 12 to a box and I think he said it averages out to about .25 cents apiece. I was buying them at Wal-Mart but I was paying between 1 to 2 dollars for them.

Bobby

Wal-Mart is where I got mine, 99 cents each.
BTW, if you make any, make them so the actuall ripper tool can be pulled out of the handle and replaced. They get dull and a permanently fixed ripper on an expensive handle won't be especially appreciated. I just make a hole about the size of the center of the tapered ripper tang and shove in.