Regular size Birdhouse

Larry Hibbs

This Birdhouse is 13" high, made from Cherry and Magnolia. The bottom comes apart for clean out if you actually get an occupant

Attachments

• jse_birdhouse1 (Medium).jpg
    jse_birdhouse1 (Medium).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 54
appreciate the comments

Thanks Bernie, Mike, Mohammad for the comments. Mike the house can be cleaned our by removing the two recessed brass screws on each side at the bottom of the house. If you notice the black line at the bottom it comes apart right there. Again thanks

Thanks. Is there someplace where you get information on how large to make the hole for different species of birds and whether they need a landing stick or not?

Mike

hole size and inside demensions

Mike
The inside is approx 5.5" across 6" high. I think the hole was 1.5". Too be honest with you I really had no idea how big the inside or what size hole to drill for what bird when I made it. Also did'nt know if it needed a perch or not, I just thought the perch made it look better.

I read somewhere that birds didn't much like landing sticks. It made a perch for predictors to attack the occupants. It seemed the occupants were just fine landing on the edge of the hole.

But then the landing stocks are so darn cute!

Larry Hibbs
Great looking Birdhouse,condo, Larry. You put some work and loving care into that baby. It is especially nice. Congratulations for doing such a great turning and posting it so we can all enjoy your work. Mitch:thumb: