death watch

I work in the medical field and know what your saying it hard. It never gets easy even when you work in that setting.........the one thing is your friend will be glad you are around to talk to and be his friend.....that is a big help..........wish you the best ....Dan

Sorry to hear about the loss especially hard around the holidays
I agree with the others get him out a soon as he is up to it
Dawn

I didn't realize this happened so much. I had a neighbor back in Oklahoma that this happened to. Not sure how old he was, but I know he was at least in his 60's.

I Googled ladder injuries for over 65 age bracket and found this from the Government.

"There was a higher population-based rate of injury among persons 65 and older than among persons 20-64. Persons 65 and older accounted for half of all ladder deaths reported. In 2002, this population accounted for 16% of emergency room-treated injuries involving ladders, but were 39% of
those hospitalized for ladder-related injuries."

Please be safe, especially as we enter the holiday season where ladder use might be higher for hanging those light.

Frank - Deepest sympathies for those families.

Regards,

Randy

Randy, that is sobering but worth heeding. Good information.

Sorry to hear about the loss especially hard around the holidays
I agree with the others get him out a soon as he is up to it
Dawn

Thanks, Dan, Dawn and others. Understand, Bill is not the kind to sit around and mope. He is our Shrine club treasurer and stays active with those duties. He has lots of friends.
As far as my current dump into the blues. Understand, I made a choice living in a retirement community. Losing friends is part of life. Intellectually, I understand that. But living among others of similar age and common interests has great benefits.
Y'all enjoy a great Thanksgiving with friends and family. That is what we will be doing today.