Queen Anne Rose-back Chair parts

Bill Simpson

Found these in my attic, Been there 32 years and before that they were in a shed. I rescued them from a defunct Chair factory back in the late 60s. Been planning on "Some day..." making a set of Queen Anne Roseback Dining Room chairs... but as with all Round To its it never seems to come around..... Besides I bought SWMBO a new complete set last Christmas so... These were not CNC carved as it was long before anyone ever heard of such. Some sort of pantagraph device, I suspect, Great detail in the carving but need to be cleaned up and sanded along the edges,

What recon they be worth? Maple I am sure, Look rough but a few minutes sanding with a palm mouse sander sure cleaned on up quite well. There are six for a complete dining set, two have a couple of age checks on the ends but no major structure damage. I had planned to stain them Cherry and make the chairs of Cherry, but you know how that goes....

I thought I would offer up to you guys and see what you think it is worth and if there is any interest.

P1040415.jpg

P1040416.jpg

P1040417.jpg

Hi Bill :wave:,
Nice looking pieces Bill! Easy to see why you saved them:thumb:.
You might just have to figure out another creative use for the parts, other than chairs:rolleyes:.....Since now you already have chairs.:doh::D.
Thanks for the pictures and Good Luck!
Shaz :)

I have come to the conclusion that I need to liquidate my project stash, What good will it do me to save it for firewood when I would like to find a WWer who would like to have them, Of course I would like to accumulate some "Rent" for having storred them all these decades. :thumb: