PM 90 lathe, price was right-free!

My neighbor got it with a bunch of other eqipment and didn't want it, so we just unloaded it in my shop. Pretty rusty but I think it'll clean up. Where can I find manuals and such for it?

Jerry

thats just unfair

i stil have kept myslef away from your fatal disease but now your gettin pretty contagious if they are out there for free,, had to search to see what i was hearing about ,,no pics here???? but after i saw one you done alright by gettin this one!

Pic police stand down!

Yeah, I knew I'd hear it for no pics! Truth be told, our camera is kaput but I'm buying a new one today so pics are coming! Thanks for all the help, especially the manual with parts breakdown. It has a Century 3hp single phase motor which turns freely but I have not plugged it in yet as I'm slightly confused by the plug which is four wire. Any thoughts on that? The biggest problem I see at first glance is that the tailstock is frozen and the threads on the headstock spindle may be flattened out a bit. Pics later.
Jerry

Jerry
Im not saying you did but go back and check the motor plate again and make sure you are reading them right 1ph or 1hp, 3ph or 3hp pretty easy to transpose I do it all the time. A lot of those lathes were 3 ph and only 1hp. In single phase or 3 phase I don't think they had a 3 hp but could be wrong as they used the model 90 for spinning metal also. Mine was setup for that when I got it and it only has a 1hp. Mine has only 3 wires and is run on 110 with four wires that might be for 220 but that just doesn't sound right. :huh:
Jay