G0440 Arrives

Glenn, is that an electrical panel behind the main duct? I assume you left enough clearance to get into it to reset breakers, but how about service? Most codes require an unobstructed access of 36" in front of the box.

Yep, there is plenty of room to work on it but the 36" clearance is in violation. If 'someone' was coming, that section of the duct is removable:

subpanel-clearance.jpg

but as it will be used; it is not kosher.

While I had the section out I converted it to a 6x6x4 WYE and brought the overarm guard back into play:

Overarm-returns.jpg

I just close the gate, pull off the quick connect and let it hang when the arm is swung to the non-use position.

Last edited:
Hi Toni, it is a little hard to see in the picture, but each of the blast gates you are looking at aren't on the main trunk duct, but are on two separate (looks like 2" or maybe 2 1/2") legs coming off the main trunk line. He just doesn't have a line or hose connected to the blast gates going to any tools yet.

Correct but it is a 6" main with 4" legs. I bought most of the ducting to make 6" runs to my 5 main machines but, that is Phase 2. That one is a ways off as it will be a full shop floorplan change . .. . I'm thinking . . 2010, maybe :D.

Correct but it is a 6" main with 4" legs. I bought most of the ducting to make 6" runs to my 5 main machines but, that is Phase 2. That one is a ways off as it will be a full shop floorplan change . .. . I'm thinking . . 2010, maybe :D.

OOPS,:eek: I guess my Depth perception, (or Spacial Reference Brain Modem) was on the Blink when I looked at the Pics. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Your Ductwork hookup is looking good, even though you couldn't get a longer straight run with no bends into the cyclone inlet. I'll bet it still works good though, no longer than your runs are.

Sorry about the thread jack Glenn, so maybe we should start a thread with this now that there are three of us:rofl:

Well Toni, I KNOW you two guys kinda have a little Lead on me,:rolleyes: 'cause I KNOW I won't be making any jigs til I get this shop FINISHED, Buuuuuut..... I just did my periodic Price Check today, and the Price of 2.0 Copper Cable to get the power to the shop has now gone down a little, (like from the price of Platinum down to Gold).:rolleyes: It's possible that it's price may be approaching the size of my SHOP FUND soon, annnnnnd........ then you guys had better WATCH OUT.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited: