Anyone else cold?

11º here (f) and no wind chill factored in. Rivers and lakes are starting to skim over with ice and I'll be darned if I can keep the sheep water bucket thawed out. It's only 11-21-2008!

We've had three days below freezing so far and it's forecast to be 27F tonight. After going eight years without seasons in Florida, we'll take what we get here in South Georgia!

:thumb:

10º here this morning. With wind chill it feels like +1º. Tomorrow, which is the first day of the gun hunt, it's supposed to start out at +8º.

We don't have any snow cover yet so we could have a deep frost this year. A few years back we had some really cold weather before we got a cover of snow in January. There were spots where the frost went down nearly 5 feet. Played havoc with a lot of septic systems. We don't need that again.

Bundle up and stay warm.

Karl

Last edited:
IT was 18 here this morning, Personally I welcome our frozen overlords. In a way. The sooner the ground gets frozen the soon I can get around without any mud. I brought a load of firewood home yesterday and it's still on the trailer, to soft to get up to the boiler. :rolleyes: I suppose I should get outside and get it unloaded :D

-9c right now this morning. Expected high of -4c.

Just about 50-100km west of me they were buried last night. I've heard reports of 50cm of snow last night at some locations on Southern Lake Huron. London seems to be missing it, as we're only forecast for about 5-10cm today.

But the highway just 20 min drive west of me is closed due to white-out conditions and car accidents.

Drive carefully, everyone! My wife hit black ice on Monday at 70km/h (40+mph) and put the van in the ditch on a country road. No damage that we've seen, and everyone is fine. The kids thought it was fun; My wife, not so much...:eek:

-9c right now this morning. Expected high of -4c.

Just about 50-100km west of me they were buried last night. I've heard reports of 50cm of snow last night at some locations on Southern Lake Huron. London seems to be missing it, as we're only forecast for about 5-10cm today.

Hi Art
My weather station says -9 Celcius (15.8 Farenheit)right now (Richmond Hill, Toronto Ontario) and outside looks like we are already in February. Going to be a long long winter at this rate and very cold when we put up the Xmas lights this year. Happy I put that heater in my shop now.:D

29 (F) here in Albuquerque now - to get only into the 50s today. We've hit a cold snap--it was 70 here on Tuesday!! There's frost on the punkins this morning.

It has been absolutely brutal here in SoCal. It is currently a teeth-chattering 66*. A devastatingly sudden drop from yesterday's 82*. I swear it was below 50* this morning . . . I almost didn't make it to my car parked in the driveway.

Welllll,

This morning @ about 7:30 it was about 70. Later @ about 8:30 it got to 73. Accuweather says that is supposed to feel like 78.

We got rain, maybe heavy, coming through the islands today and probably all weekend.

Sorry, but that's the price you pay to live in paradise.

Aloha, Tony

It was 18 when i woke up this morning - the door on my truck was frozen shut. I love the cold, but climbing in through the back window is getting harder now that i've hit the 40 year mark. My truck's 19 - maybe it's just getting ornery.
Paul Hubbman

11º here (f) and no wind chill factored in. Rivers and lakes are starting to skim over with ice and I'll be darned if I can keep the sheep water bucket thawed out. It's only 11-21-2008!