A dubious award (reward??)

Jim O'Dell

LOML told me this morning that when she had our almost 8 year old Irish Setter at the Vet's office on Thursday, when finished, she was asked to run next door, that they had something for her. Now, next door is their grooming area and boarding kennel. Glenna's first reaction was, "Someone didn't leave an Irish Setter here did they?" That was said with some panic in her voice, as we will be traveling with either 5 or 6 to OK for Thanksgiving Thursday. (Thus the reason I drive a 3/4 ton extended cargo van with windows. :D )
No nothing like that. We are in the 'Top 50' clients at their clinic this year. I somehow felt my wallet get lighter just hearing those words. And our award/reward? A 2009 pocket calendar/minder!!!
My acceptance speech is as follows: "On behalf of our dogs, I will accept this award, and put it to good use this next year tracking all the vet appointments and surgeries ......" :rofl::rofl: Actually, I think I'm going to use it to track when I do oil changes in each vehicle. At least that is a little cheaper than the Vet visits. :wave: Jim.

Now please know that this is said in jest, and we really do appreciate our Vets there, and their entire staff of caring helpers. They helped us through some tough times this year, and they do it with compassion and grace.

Sure sounds like a major gloat there Jim, almost as good as Stuart's!
My cats get the very best care as I am sure your Irish Setter does; can't love them too much.

Last edited:
As I get older Stu I appreciate quips that are short and funny but not vulgar, and that one my friend made me laugh. Thanks.

As for the Vet prices, I can see why you got a calendar. When I take ONE of my dogs to the Vets its costs me 60-75 bucks no matter what its for. But for the same money the vets come OUT to the farm and administers shots from 4-40 sheep, cows, etc.