half flat and half round

ugly wood

ugly wood was delivered tonight to "hutch" he was tyhe first and only one that pm'd me :) before it got to him it had mulitplied and gave birth to some large hickory chucks.. i mean 28" chuncks tha i had split just to get in the truck.. so his payment for this will be to show us the "family" what he makes from it...vaughn i havnt forgot ,, just need the right box,, and the second runner up is "on deck" next:) lookun for another good piece..Dale

Geeze Larry! I just get on the computer this evening and it's already gone:doh: And I had a box of Desert Ironwood to swap....anyhoo, thanks for thinking of me:). I usually check in more often but today was a long day.

Good Stuff!

The thanks must go out, as the cherry nub looks pretty interesting. Being a turner, 98% will soon be shavings. :D

And as for the hickory, holy cow. That stuff is heavy! I managed to lug home the "light pieces", the few that were under 200 lbs. But the big honker won't be coming home 'til tomorrow. Can't wait to make a 22" diameter hickory bowl! :)

Thanks again Larry!

Hutch

well vaughn,, yours doesnt weight 200 lbs,, and hutch isnt jokin that hickory is heavy stuff.. and toni's box was only 5lbs :) as thery say share the fruit if you got more than you need,, i knda got hutch in trouble it made amess in his workplace's back room and they were having a meeting there today...but his boss is a pretty understanding guy